We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Manager and Resizing your form

A silly question, perhaps, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the docking sites to move when a form is re-sized. The "simple code" demo neatly sidesteps this issue by just disabling form resizing, and the knowledgebase doesn't seem to be turning anything up.

Gist of it is, when the window is resized, I want the docking edges (where controls dock to) to move as though they were anchored to the frame. The docking manager itself has no anchor property, though, and anchoring the controls does nothing. Don't see any obvious properties to try...

If anyone's got a way to do this, I'd love to hear it. :)

Thanks
-Mike

4 Replies

VI Vignesh Syncfusion Team July 8, 2011 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your interest in syncfusion product.

We have forwaded your query to our Tools windows team. We will update you with our window's team response.

Regards,
Vignesh

VS Vallarasu S Syncfusion Team July 11, 2011 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

DockingManager behaves in the way you have requested when the container is resized, For instance, when a single control is docked to the right, DockingManager will keep the docked window to the right side of the form always, given there is enough client area to accommodate the control. When the client area goes less than the size of the docked window, docked window will be re-sized to fit the client area of the container control.

DockingManager allows to define a minimum size to a control, and has the ability to freeze resizing, however these constraints are for user interaction alone, and the container control layout may have influence on these constrains.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards
Vallarasu S.

MI MichaelMCSI July 13, 2011 05:09 PM UTC

Ah, so it does, if you use the drag-and-drop to add it to your form. I'm not sure which setting I was missing, but when I added it manually I wasn't getting resize.

Thanks
-Mike

IM Iniyen M A Syncfusion Team July 15, 2011 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update.

I have included the sample as follows, Kindly have a look on it and let us know if this helps you.

[Sample]
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=RightDockSamp953674631.zip

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Iniyen M.A.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon