We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hierarchical Grid question

I want to have a hierarchicial viewer with sub grids. I am looking at the data bounded grid, but I am not sure if it is possible to do what I wanted. See the attachement that I have included. If it is possible, can you please point me to the documentation that show me how to do this? thanks. sample_5889.zip

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 20, 2004 03:39 PM UTC

Our GridDataBoundGrid cannot display child grids in the way you picture does. You can dropdown such grids as in the Syncfusion20\Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\DataBound\GDBGwithDropGrids, but a better solution would be to use the GridGroupingControl in 2.0.2.0 beta. This control can show hierarchical relationships with nested tables. http://www.syncfusion.com/products/grid/features/grid_feat_2.aspx

PA Patrick January 20, 2004 03:52 PM UTC

Where can I get a trail version of 2.0?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 20, 2004 06:07 PM UTC

You would need to contact sales@syncfusion.com as this release is still beta, and there are no formal trial downloads currently available.

PA Patrick January 20, 2004 06:41 PM UTC

Hi Clay, thanks for the info. I have download the beta version of the grid. Is there any sample code for me to try out the new grouping feature for the grid? thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 20, 2004 07:46 PM UTC

There is 1 GridGroupingControl tutorial in the Grid User''s Guide (more coming). And there are samples in Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Grouping\Samples\Grid (more coming)

PA Patrick January 21, 2004 11:26 AM UTC

I try to add GridGroupingControl to my toolbox, there isn''t one that I can choose from the Customize Toolbox. I am using 2.0.2.0 right now, there are only GridAwareTextBox, GridControl, GridDataBoundGrid, GridListControl, and GridRecordNavigationControl that I can pick from. There isn''t any GridGroupingControl from the list.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 21, 2004 12:39 PM UTC

To get the new products (like GridGrouping), you need a new unlock key from sales support. Old unlock keys will not unlock new products. Once you have the new key, then run the install and choose the Add/Remove option to add the new products. During this install you should be given an option to use the new key to unlock additional products. If you want to have side by side installs for your old products, then you should first run the install choosing the side by side option. Then run the install a second time to add the new products.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon