We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Group-grid designers mode

Strange error when trying to exit Group-grid designers mode cannot-dispose_836.zip

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 21, 2004 06:32 PM UTC

With the 2.0.2.1 beta update several exceptions have been taken care of. Can you try again with the latest update and let us know if there are still problems? Thanks, Stefan Hoenig >Strange error when trying to exit Group-grid designers mode > > >cannot-dispose_836.zip > >

ME Marco Ensing January 22, 2004 02:24 AM UTC

Stefan, I just downloaded the latest version. When I drop and drag a GridGroupControl on a form, initially it''s partly drawn white. When I go to the Preview-edit mode and later on try to save it, the preview in designers mode throws the following exception. System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException(... See image for more detailed stack Although I do have the feeling that the look-and-feel as well as the schema has been saved correctly Marco >With the 2.0.2.1 beta update several exceptions have been taken care of. Can you try again with the latest update and let us know if there are still problems? > >Thanks, >Stefan Hoenig > >>Strange error when trying to exit Group-grid designers mode >> >> >>cannot-dispose_836.zip >> >> group-grip.error_8546.zip

ME Marco Ensing January 22, 2004 04:54 AM UTC

Actually there are many issues with also the 2.0.2.1 beta release. Does the beta release go through any internal testing? I just can''t keep the look-and-feel, as well as the schema saved. It''s stored externallyi in an xml file. But it keeps on flipping back (ignoring all the changes) when the assembly is built. Just try to load and save schema''s and try to customize a column to a different editor (e.g. rich text box). It''s just all too unpredictable what is happening in design mode. I wonder why I keep trying. It''s so much easier to hard-code it and skip this ''easy''-(??)-to-use WYSIWYG design stuff. What I would recommend is that not just throw out a new Beta version every week. But really collect and really try to fix all issues and let somebody else (the non Grid Group programmer) e.g. a salesperson try to use the tool. So that is a bit more then just trying to compile the examples! Sorry if it all sounds a bit harsh. I''m just getting a bit tired of it. Good luck with all the fixes Marco >Stefan, > >I just downloaded the latest version. >When I drop and drag a GridGroupControl on a form, initially it''s partly drawn white. > >When I go to the Preview-edit mode and later on try to save it, the preview in designers mode throws the following exception. >System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException(... > >See image for more detailed stack > > >Although I do have the feeling that the look-and-feel as well as the schema has been saved correctly > >Marco > >>With the 2.0.2.1 beta update several exceptions have been taken care of. Can you try again with the latest update and let us know if there are still problems? >> >>Thanks, >>Stefan Hoenig >> >>>Strange error when trying to exit Group-grid designers mode >>> >>> >>>cannot-dispose_836.zip >>> >>> > >group-grip.error_8546.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 22, 2004 03:34 PM UTC

If the designer does not seem to take changes make sure it is marked modidified (e.g. if your Form is Form1, make sure it is shown as Form1* with a *). If that''s not the case try touching an element, e.g. resize the form. Then the code is marked modified and changes will be saved. That problem appeared after adding support for undo/redo and we weren''t able to resolve it before the beta. The problem with the grid not drawn correctly. That is new and I can reproduce it. We''ll get that fixed. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon