To resolve this issue, identify the user account that is used to run the program, and then assign the ‘Impersonate a client after authentication’ user right to that user account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Local Security Policy.
- Expand Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
- In the right pane, double-click Impersonate a client after authentication.
- In the Local Security Policy Setting dialog box, click Add.
- In the Select Users or Group dialog box, click the user account that you want to add, click Add, and then click OK.
- Click OK.
For more details refer Overview of the ‘Impersonate a Client After Authentication’….