If you’re getting an error when Inserting or Updating an MS Access Database (’Operation must use an updateable query’), that’s because the ASPNet user account needs the correct permissions on the directory where the database resides
To fix this in Windows 2K:
- (Go into Accessories/Computer Management/Local Users & Groups/users
You will see that there’s an ASPNet user. )
- Right click on the directory where your database is – choose properties – Then the security tab – then click on permissions.
- Add the ASPNet user to the shared section
- Then, make sure it has ’Change’ rights –
- Click Apply and you should be working fine then.