Microsoft has acknowledged this as a Bug
To set the StartUp Type as desired refer following steps
- In Control Panel, open Administrative Tools.
- Click Services. The Services window appears.
- Expand the Name column so that the complete name of each service appears.
Note A Startup Type column displays the current Startup Type value for each service.
- Double-click the ASP.NET State Service service. The ASP.NET State Service Properties window appears.
- On the General tab, click one of the following options in the Startup type list:
- Click Apply, and then click OK to save your settings.
In the Services window, notice your changes to the Startup Type in the Startup Type column.