As always, Syncfusion is happy and excited to share information about our latest updates, this time the updates to our file-format libraries in the 2020 Volume 1 beta release. Syncfusion’s file-format libraries are class libraries that allow you to create, read, write, and convert PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files in .NET Framework, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, UWP, and Xamarin applications without the use of Microsoft Office or Adobe Reader.
This blog provides a brief summary of the details about the new library features and enhancements included in the 2020 Volume 1 beta release.
New PDF Library for Flutter
We are happy to introduce our new PDF Library for Flutter. It is non-UI, reusable library for creating PDF reports programmatically. PDF document creation follows the popular PDF 1.7 (ISO 32000-1) and the latest PDF 2.0 (ISO 32000-2) specifications.
The library supports creating PDF reports with the following features:
- Formatted text
- Bullets and lists
- Headers and footers
- Page numbers
- Right-to-left text
- Images (PNG and JPEG)
- Shapes, including rectangle, line, ellipse, path, curve, and arc
.NET PDF Library Enhancements
The following enhancements are included in the .NET version of the PDF Library:
- Import and export XFA form data in XML format.
- Check whether reader-extended features are enabled in an existing PDF form document.
- Substitute fonts in the existing PDF document while flattening the PDF form fields to preserve text properly.
Pivot table enhancements
The Excel Library features the following enhancements for pivot tables:
- Format pivot table cells with formatting options such as background color, foreground color, borders, fonts, and more, and convert pivot tables to PDF and image formats.
- Previously, you could create pivot tables only in the compact layout. Now, you can create pivot tables in the outline and tabular layouts as needed. Such pivot tables can be converted to PDF and image formats using the Excel Library.
Word Library now allows replacing a field with its most recent result in the Word document by unlinking the field. By unlinking, the field will no longer be updated automatically, as the value of the field is converted to text or graphics.
Word-to-PDF conversion enhancements
Word Library now provides the following features in Word-to-PDF conversions:
- Adjust table cell size automatically based on its content.
- Keep-with-next functionality for paragraphs inside the content control.
- Position floating items (images, shapes) with horizontal origins relative to characters.
- Improvements in converting a Word document into a 508-compliant accessible PDF (tagged PDF) document.
Headers and footers
Using PowerPoint Library, you can now create and edit headers and footers in PowerPoint slides.
Are you excited to try out these new features and enhancements included in the 2020 Volume 1 beta release? You can download the latest beta version from this page, or you can get our NuGet packages from nuget.org.
If you don’t have a Syncfusion license, but would like to try out these new features, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial.
If you are new to Syncfusion’s file-format libraries, we highly recommend that you look at our user guide. To get started with a specific file format, follow these links:
- Generate a PDF file in C# without Adobe
- Create an Excel file in C# without Microsoft Office
- Generate a Word file in C# without Microsoft Office
- Create a PowerPoint file in C# without Microsoft Office
If you have any questions about these features, please let us know in the comments below. You can also contact us through our support forum, Direct-Trac, or feedback portal. We are happy to assist you!