We are pleased to announce new controls and features for Windows Forms released in the 2018 Volume 2. New combo box and list view controls have been added to the Windows Forms family, and the new data grid component is moved from preview to final. Let’s look at a brief overview of the new controls and features.
New combo box control
The new combo box control provides support for editing, autocompletion, multiselection, and filtering features. It ships with built-in themes and support for complete UI customization.
New list view control
New data grid (final!)
- Master-details view to display nested tables.
- Built-in busy indicators for long-running data operations when working with millions of records.
- Cell merging support.
- Font orientation support.
- Office 2016 themes: white, black, grey, and colorful.
- New combo box column type and multiselect filter row editor.
- Further performance improvements in advanced filter UI and summary calculation.
Office 2016-style visual improvements
- Tab scrolling when there are more headers than space available.
- Improved alignments and spacing for all the elements of ribbon tabs.
- Support for adding ribbon backstage commands in the quick access toolbar (QAT).
- Support for hiding the application icon.
- Ribbon customization and quick access toolbar windows combined into single dialog similar to Office ribbons.