We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Embed excel sheet WPF App

Hi There,
We are developing a WPF application, currently we have the follwing requirements
1. Show/embed the excel sheet in a WPF window.
2. User should be able to Edit with Formula
2. Save changes in to the database and able to Load from it.
Is this possible using Syncfusion product XlsIO?

Please provide the sample application if that is possible.

Thanks,
Xavier.

7 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team April 27, 2009 07:44 AM UTC

Hi Xavier,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

It is not possible to embed an excel sheet in a WPF Window. But you can make use of a GridView to view and edit the document (and save it back). Please refer to the sample in the location below that explains viewing the contents in a GridView:

My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\7.1.0.30\WPF\XlsIO.WPF\Samples\3.5\WindowsSamples\Data Management\Compute Specific Formula\

Regards,
Geetha

CX Caesar Xavier April 27, 2009 03:21 PM UTC

Geetha,
Thanks for your quick reply.

My requirement is,
User should be able to edit the value in few cells, based on these value the other cells(which should not be editable) value should be calculated (formula will be stored in database). Is it possible using GridControl? and in GridControl whether the Rows/Columns can be grouped (like we do in MS excel)

Please provide sample code with Gridcontrol

Thanks,
Xavier

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team April 28, 2009 06:59 AM UTC

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Yes, You can use our Cell-oriented GridControl for showing an excel-like sheet. With our new released version, we have a sample that shows an Excel-UI Grid, which shows UI like an Excel sheet. Please download it and check out the samples,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

The GridControl has extensive support for Formula cells too. You can parse any Excel formula using Formula CellType. There are lots of default CellTypes that comes with the GridControl. Please check it out and let me know if you want any details on using this.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

CX Caesar Xavier May 4, 2009 10:20 AM UTC

Thanks for your Fahad,
Now I am able to set the FormulaCell for the grid, which dynamically calculates the value.
Is it possible in this grid to Expand/Collapse rows (like in TreeView control) by clicking on "+/-" sign in a row.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team May 4, 2009 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the details. Yes, you could make the Grid have +/- symbols appear like the Tree Control. You would have to override the cell renderers and provide custom logic on your grouping. If you have the source code version, then you could check the GridTreeControl that emulates this behavior. Let me know if you want any specific requirements of this code that needs to be elaborated.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF Team
Syncfusion Inc.,

CX Caesar Xavier May 4, 2009 02:37 PM UTC

Thanks Fahad,
I had a look at the sample in the source code version. It has the dynamic binding (user not allowed to edit)
What we need is this,
1. User should be edit few cells in the grid, but some cells has the formula those values based on the value in the editable cell (like in MS Excel) and the formula cell should be read only(user should not edit that)
2. User can group some rows or columns like in MS Excel

Please guide me in right direction which control i can use both "formulacell" end collapse/expand functionality.

Let me know if you have some sample on this.

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team May 8, 2009 09:02 AM UTC

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the details. We have created a Direct-trac incident for you. We would be following up on that. Please let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad
Grid.WPF
Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon