We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl with ObjectDataSource?

Is it possible to use the GridGroupingControl with and ObjectDataSource? I''ve looked at the 4.1 samples and didn''t find any that used the ODS with the GridGroupingControl. I''ve been able to display data, but can not seem to get the grid to allow saving, deleting or adding data when using the ObjectDataSource. The ODS does work with the Microsoft 2.0 GridView so I don''t think that it is the problem. If anyone has a sample that they could post I would appreciated it. Thanks, Don

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 24, 2006 06:27 PM UTC

Hi Don As per the update to incident 23302, the problem is that the grid requires that you invoke DataBind in the Page_Init (instead of Page_Load as you were doing in the sample). Thank you for your cooperation and continued support for Syncfusion. Regards, Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2006 06:22 PM UTC

Here''s a sample for anyone else that''s trying to use an ObjectDataSource with the GridGroupingControl. The sample uses the 4.1 release version of the GridGroupingControl. >Is it possible to use the GridGroupingControl with and ObjectDataSource? I''ve looked at the 4.1 samples and didn''t find any that used the ODS with the GridGroupingControl. > >I''ve been able to display data, but can not seem to get the grid to allow saving, deleting or adding data when using the ObjectDataSource. The ODS does work with the Microsoft 2.0 GridView so I don''t think that it is the problem. > >If anyone has a sample that they could post I would appreciated it. > >Thanks, >Don

GridGrouping with ObjectDataSource.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon