We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

When I swipe Horizontally I should load the corresponding week data. Need not to load entire data at initial binding. I should bind after swipe horizontally.

Hi,

In the Syncfusion WPF WinRT Schedule Control(Windows apps store), I should handle the swipe event horizantally, because initially I should load the current week appoinment data only.

After that when I swipe on the scheduler horizontally, It will load the next or previous week or else corresponding week data.

I am testing this in Tablet. How I handle the swipe event. Please help me on this.

When I swipe Horizontally I should load the corresponding week data. Need not to load entire data at initial binding. I should bind after swipe horizontally.

Selvakumar| Software Developer

5 Replies

NM Nijamudeen Mohamed Sulaiman Syncfusion Team June 13, 2014 09:53 AM UTC

Hi Selvakumar,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Currently we don’t have any support to handle the swipe event (VisibleDate change) in SfSchedule control. We have logged a feature request regarding this in our database. This feature can be implemented in any of our upcoming releases. We will update you once the implementation has done.

Even though, we are able to achieve your requirement by bind the VisibleDates property of the SfSchedule with the local property. So that your requirement can be achieved by listening set() of that local property. We have prepared a simple sample for the same, please find the sample in the attachment.

Regards,

Nijamudeen M.

Attachment: SfScheduleVisibleDates_WinRT_e846b4d7.zip

SE Selvakumar June 13, 2014 12:44 PM UTC

Hai Nijamudeen,

Based on your example, I have controlled the swipe event. Thanks

Regards,
Selva

SE Selvakumar June 24, 2014 07:06 AM UTC

As per your example I tried to implement the VisibleDatesProperty option to raise the swipe event.
            Binding visdatecoll = new Binding();
            visdatecoll.Source = this;
            visdatecoll.Path = new PropertyPath("CurrentDate");
            visdatecoll.Mode = BindingMode.TwoWay;
            Schedule.SetBinding(SfSchedule.VisibleDatesProperty, visdatecoll);

Default start of the week is set to Sunday. I set this using VisibleDates probery Obserable Collection. 
But some times when I swipe to left, Start of the week wrongly assigned to Saturday, if I Swipe to right assigned to Monday.

Also I have another option, combobox box to select the week to update schedule. After select the week from combobox, when I swipe to left, Start of the week wrongly assigned to Saturday, if I Swipe to right assigned to Monday. I need to start on Sunday. Please help on this

Thanks
Selva

NM Nijamudeen Mohamed Sulaiman Syncfusion Team June 25, 2014 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Selvakumar,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Based on the implementation of schedule, VisibleDates property is a read only, so we can`t modify its value. Your requirement can be achieved by using “CultureInfo” class to set the start day of the week instead of using VisibleDates property. Please refer the below code snippet.

Code snippet:

C#

CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.FirstDayOfWeek = DayOfWeek.Thursday;

Based on your requirement we have prepared a sample. Please refer the sample in the attachment. If the sample doesn`t meet your requirement could you please provide us more information along with screen shot (if possible). It will be very helpful for us to analyse on it and provide you the possible solution.

Note: Above modification will be changed in our upcoming volume release. We will update you once this feature has been rolled out.

Please let us know, if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Nijamudeen M.

Attachment: SfSchedule_StartDayOfWeek_WinRT_31f42d25.zip

NM Nijamudeen Mohamed Sulaiman Syncfusion Team July 11, 2014 12:05 PM UTC

Hi Selvakumar,

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio Vol 2 2014 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link:

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/announcements/116964

You can change the days order by using the schedule property “FirstDayOfWeek”. Please refer the code snippet below.

Code snippet:

XAML:

<syncfusion:SfSchedule ScheduleType="Month" FirstDayOfWeek="Monday"/>

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,

Nijamudeen M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon