We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to edit SfSchedule Add Appointment panel in windows 8.1 apps

Hello,

I am new to use syncfusion. I found it great.

I want to do some changes in SfSchedule Add/Edit appointment panel according to my requirement. Is it possible??

Also how can I bind my own method with "Save" button of appointment panel to store values in my db.

regards

12 Replies

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team December 5, 2013 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Muhammed,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Yes.  We have provided customization support for AppointmentEditor, so that we are able to use our own Editor control instead of the default AppointmentEditor available in Schedule. Please refer the below sample.

Dashboard -> WinRT -> Schedule -> CustomizationDemo

In the above sample we have used custom editor instead of the default editor, so that we are able to handle the “Save” button click for further operations.

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

MM Muhammad Mobeen December 6, 2013 10:04 AM UTC

Hello Joy,

Firstly thanks for your assistance.

one more thing how can I get schedule cell related values (time, date, column heading etc) when I click on a cell

I want to get these values on cell clicking.

thanks

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team December 6, 2013 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for your previous update.

We are able to get the cell related values when tap (click) on the cell by ScheduleTapped event of the SfSchedule.

schedule1.ScheduleTapped += schedule1_ScheduleTapped;

We have attached a sample for the same, please find the sample in the attachment.

In the provided sample we have get the related details such as selected dates, appointments on the selected Date etc. when tapped on the Schedule.

Note: If the SDK version mismatched in the sample, please replace it with your installed version of SDK from Windows -> Extensions in the Reference Manger.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

SelectedDateAndAppointments_6588d3b4.zip

MM Muhammad Mobeen January 8, 2014 11:51 AM UTC

Hello,

thanks for your reply but I can't download provided zip file I got following exception when i try to download your provided code

thanks

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team January 9, 2014 08:55 AM UTC

Hi Muhammad,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The mentioned issue is due to certain sever problem, it is resolved now and you can download the sample which we have provided in our previous update is attached with this. Please find the sample in the attachment.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

SelectedDateAndAppointments_c88ab0dc.zip

DA David January 9, 2014 09:49 AM UTC

Hello,

I create my own Appointment Editor next to the schedule control. (See screenshot in the .rar)
When I add an new appointment I want to select it in the schedule.

How can I do in c# ?

I find the methode "Scheduler.MoveToDate" but nothing like "Scheduler.MoveToAppointment".

thank you.

Capture_5972af5a.rar

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team January 10, 2014 07:18 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

As of now, we don’t provide any support to select the particular appointment (like Schedule.MoveToAppointment).

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

MM Muhammad Mobeen February 12, 2014 10:57 AM UTC

Hello,

1) How can I set scheduler column Id (123, 432,876778 etc). 
    And on any empty cell click "schedule1_ScheduleTapped" I want to get this Id (123, 432,876778 etc). .

2). I want to clear all scheduler appointments on Search button click. 

PFA.

thanks

Attachment: 2nd_Issue_b3e9633c.rar

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team February 14, 2014 10:47 AM UTC

Hi Mohammad,

We have prepared a simple sample to achieve your requirement though the argument informations available in ScheduleTapped event. Please find the sample in the attachment.

In the provided sample, we are able to add /clear the ScheduleAppointments in the selected column through the ResourceName (which is not the DisplayName, instead it’s a ColumnID for resource).  

If the provided solution doesn’t meet your requirement, please revert us back with more information, so that we could analyse on it and provide you possible solution.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

Attachment: SelectedDateAndAppointments_448851e7.zip

MM Muhammad Mobeen February 20, 2014 06:49 PM UTC

Hello,

Actually I want to initiate scheduler with new values. When I try to reload schedule with new values it loads old one also.
I tried below code to clear all values (appointments, resources, etc) of scheduler but can't.

Schedule1.ScheduleResourceTypeCollection.Remove(instance);

thanks

MM Muhammad Mobeen February 21, 2014 06:53 AM UTC

Hello

I have done above issue by 

instance.ResourceCollection.Clear();
ResourceCollection.Add(instance);

but still can't clear all previous appointments.

thanks

SA Saravanan A Syncfusion Team February 22, 2014 10:38 AM UTC

Hi Mohammad,

Please find the response for your query below.

Requirement of clearing the appointments from schedule:

To clear the appointments in the schedule you need clear Appointments collection of the schedule and then add the new appointments into it. Please refer the below code snippet.

C# Code:

//Clearing Old appointments and setting new appointments

schedule1.Appointments.Clear();

ScheduleAppointment app = new ScheduleAppointment() { Subject="Meeting with patients", StartTime = DateTime.Now.Date.AddHours(9), EndTime = DateTime.Now.Date.AddHours(10) };

ScheduleAppointment app1= new ScheduleAppointment(){ Subject="Heart Operation",StartTime= DateTime.Now.Date.AddDays(1).AddHours(9), EndTime= DateTime.Now.Date.AddDays(1).AddHours(10)};

app.ResourceCollection.Add(new Resource(){ ResourceName="Dr.Darsy",TypeName="Doctor" });

app1.ResourceCollection.Add(new Resource(){ ResourceName="Dr.Jacob",TypeName="Doctor" });

schedule1.Appointments.Add(app);

schedule1.Appointments.Add(app1);

Requirement of changing the Resource of the schedule:

“ScheduleResourceTypeCollection” property of schedule’s collection change will not be listened, instead you need to set the value to this property instead of clearing and adding the items in it. Please refer the below code snippet.

C# Code:

// Setting new resource to schedule

ObservableCollection<ResourceType> Restype_coll = new ObservableCollection<ResourceType>();

ResourceType Patient = new ResourceType(){TypeName="Patient"};

Patient.ResourceCollection.Add(new Resource() { DisplayName = "Mark", ResourceName = "Mark" });

Patient.ResourceCollection.Add(new Resource() { DisplayName = "Micheal", ResourceName = "Micheal" });

Restype_coll.Add(Patient);

schedule1.ScheduleResourceTypeCollection = Restype_coll;

//Setting the TypeName to display the current resource in schedule

schedule1.Resource = "Patient";

Based on the above solution we have prepared a simple sample based on your requirement. Please download the same from the attachement.

Please let us know if you need any further clarifications.

Regards,

Saravanan A

Attachment: Dynamic_Change_5ff8a1a4.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon