We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to set the Row Height in the grid?

I asked this question in the other thread related to setting the grid header row height http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/javascript/ejgrid/116010, but it was not answered there, so I'm asking it separately here as a new question:

Can we also adjust the row height?  I tried the following to no avail:

.e-grid .e-rowcell {

height:50px;

}

Thanks in advance

5 Replies

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team March 27, 2014 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Xander,

Sorry for the delay to getting back to you. Due to some internal notification problem, we are not able to track the forum 116010.

We have tried the code snippet, you provided. Its working fine for us.

<style>

.e-grid .e-rowcell{

height:50px

}

</style>

We have created the simple sample based on the workaround that you have provided and please find the sample from the attachment.

Please let us know if we misunderstood your requirement

Regards,

Madhu Sudhanan. P

Attachment: grid_2_d56ee76e.zip

XV Xander van der Merwe April 1, 2014 03:27 AM UTC

Thanks Madhu, you can set the grid row to be larger (e.g. 50px as in your example) but you cannot set it to be smaller than the default.

Can you please tweak your example to make the row height 30px?

ps. I'm trying to get it to have the same row height as the AngularJS grid "ng-grid". The default row height is not showing enough records on a desktop browser for me.

Thanks

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team replied to Xander van der Merwe April 1, 2014 06:52 AM UTC

Thanks Madhu, you can set the grid row to be larger (e.g. 50px as in your example) but you cannot set it to be smaller than the default.

Can you please tweak your example to make the row height 30px?

ps. I'm trying to get it to have the same row height as the AngularJS grid "ng-grid". The default row height is not showing enough records on a desktop browser for me.

Thanks

Hi Xander,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Currently we have decreased the row height  of the Grid. The row height changes will be available in our upcoming Volume 1, 2014 release at first week of April. Please refer the attached screenshot for the altered grid.

If you still want to decrease the row height then we have suggested the below work around solution to decrease the row height of the grid. Please refer the below code snippet.

<style>

.e-grid .e-rowcell{

line-height:12px;

}

</style>

For your convenience, we have created a simple sample based on your request and the same can be downloaded from the attachment.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Ragavee U S

Attachment: grid_2_d56ee76e_51e73092.zip

XV Xander van der Merwe April 1, 2014 07:14 AM UTC

Thanks Rajavee.

If the upcoming version makes the Header, Footer and Row Heights configurable it will be awesome!

Regards

MS Mydeen S N Syncfusion Team April 2, 2014 04:35 AM UTC

Hi Xander,

Thanks for your valuable update.

If you have any issues in the future, please get back to us we will be happy to assist you.

Please let us know if you would require any further assistance.

Regards

Mydeen S N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon