We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion Mvc Gridview with sticky columns

Hi,
I am using syncfusion gridview in my MVC4 web applicaion.
so i want to implement 
  1. Drag columns to reorder; make the order sticky
  2. Resize columns, make width sticky
  3. Change sorting by clicking column headings, make that sticky
I couldnt get any blogs in net to implement STICKY columns in web application.Its very urgent.Pls provide me the way to implement this.

Thanks..

5 Replies

AM Abdul Matin M Syncfusion Team July 2, 2013 12:20 PM UTC

Hi XYZ,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query #1: Drag columns to reorder; make the order sticky.

Your requirement to reorder can be achieved by setting the AllowDragAndDrop property to True.

Query #2: Resize columns, make width sticky.

Your requirement to resize the columns can be achieved by setting the AllowResizing property to True.

Query #3: Change sorting by clicking column heading, make that sticky.

Your requirement to enable sorting by clicking on column header can be achieved by giving the EnableSorting property.

In all the three queries you have specified for Sticky. We have understood Sticky as Frozen Rows and Columns and we have created a sample that includes all the above three queries. Please refer the below code snippet:

[CSHTML]

@(Html.Syncfusion().Grid<Sticky1.Models.Order>("StickyNote")

.Datasource(Model)

.EnablePaging()

.EnableSorting()

.EnableScrolling()

.AllowResizing(true)

.FrozenColumns(2)

.AutoFormat(Skins.Blueberry)

.FrozenRows(3)

.AllowDragAndDrop(true)

.Column(col=>

{

col.Add(p => p.OrderID).HeaderText("Order ID");

col.Add(p => p.CustomerID).HeaderText("Customer ID");

col.Add(p => p.ShipAddress).HeaderText("Address");

})

.Scrolling(scroll=>scroll.Height(250))

)

If we have misunderstood your requirement please try this sample and get back to us with more information, so that we can analyze that and provide the better solution.

Let us know if you have queries.

Regards,

Abdul Matin M

Sticky1_1e11afb5.zip

LL Ling Lin July 9, 2013 08:40 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the Response.

My Actual requirement is as follows.

We’ve been using Sync Fusion 11.2.0.25 MVC Grid  with PageOnDemand for one of our project requirement. We’ve below requirements to be implemented in our Grid. We did not find any information on Sync fusion MVC grid documentation over web for making columns sticky after applying below criteria’s for Grid. Please provide if there is any way to implement these additional functionalities -

1.       Column Re-Ordering : User can drag & drop (move) columns and this information (the order of columns) should be saved such that when next time user visits the same grid then the order of columns should be the same which he had selected previously (columns should be sticky).

2.       Column Grouping : User can group the columns by dragging the columns headers and this Grouping criteria need to be saved across user sessions when user Logs into the application for the next time. (sticky) 

3.       Column Sorting : User can sort any column by clicking on Column headers and this Sorting criteria need to be saved across user sessions when user Logs into the application for the next time. (Sticky)

4.       Column Filtering : User can filter any Column with filter conditions (Less than 10, Contains “Test” etc..) and this filter conditions need to be saved across user sessions when user Logs into the application for the next time. (Sticky)

5.       Hover Text:  User should be shown with tool tips when user mouse hovers on column headers.

All the above criteria’s should be saved somewhere and the saved user preferences should be applied to the Grid once user Logs in to application. Please let us know if there is any best way to achieve above functionalities.

We’ve found help related to Sticky implementation for “Sync Fusion Essential Grid Windows forms”. Please found below blog URL which we found over web.

-          http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-windows/70525

Also, Can you please provide us a samle aplication to implement Grouping,Sorting and Filtering when we use Pageondemand with Grid.

The requirement is urgent.Can you please provide us the solution as soon as possible.

Thanks.

SS Satheeskumar S Syncfusion Team July 11, 2013 03:44 PM UTC

Hi Ling Lin,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query-1-Column Reordering, Grouping, Filtering, Sorting and Hover Text should be Sticky

We suggest you to achieve this requirement you just follow up the incident- 110233.

Query-2 Sorting and Filtering in OnDemandPaging

We suggest you to use our Online Sample and Online Documentation for EnableOnDemand. Please visit the below links.

Online Sample- http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/ui/grid/DataBinding/CustomBinding

Online documentation- http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net%20mvc/grid/default.htm#!documents/custombinding.htm

Query-3 Grouping in OnDemandPaging

We suspect that your reported issue as defect. So we suggest you to create a new incident using direct- trac account since we do not provide confidential information like patch in Forum.

Please let us know if you have any Other Concerns.

Regards,

Satheeskumar S

LL Luka Lizatovic May 31, 2017 10:32 AM UTC

Hi,
thanks for the previous answers.

I have the same problem as Ling Lin and your solution is:
Query-1-Column Reordering, Grouping, Filtering, Sorting and Hover Text should be Sticky
We suggest you to achieve this requirement you just follow up the incident- 110233.

My question is where can I find Incident - 110233?

IR Isuriya Rajan Syncfusion Team June 1, 2017 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Luka, 

We are sorry to inform that you cannot view that incident since it is created under Ling Lin account. We had created a separate incident under your Direct-trac account for your requested details. Please follow-up through that incident.  
 Log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Regards, 
Isuriya R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon