We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Charts using a lot of memory and not releasing it

Hi,
We are using 2 charts at the same time (pie and bar) and both are bound to the same collection.
When the collection get's updated (is not an observable collection), the property is firing and the charts are showing correctly. The problem is that the memory grows about 1 or 3MB every time and it never gets released. We have users using the app for a long time and their machine is crashing with out of memory.
As soon as I remove the charts the app goes back to normal. Te problem is that the updates that are being displayed can change a lot in a few seconds, and we need to display it real time.
If I try the example apps I get the same memory usage... there's anyway to free up the memory when changing the datasource? We are using 9.4
It's quite urgent, any help will be much appreciated.

2 Replies

BC Bruno Calzetta October 21, 2013 12:21 PM UTC

we found the problem to be located in this part, any advices?
 <syncfusion:ChartSeries.AdornmentsInfo>
                            <syncfusion:ChartAdornmentInfo LabelContentPath="DataPoint" Visible="True" HorizontalAlignment="Left"  
   SegmentShowLine="False" SegmentHorizontalAlignment="Right" 
   LabelTemplate="{StaticResource BarsLabelsTemplate}" SegmentLabelFontFamily="Verdana" SegmentLabelFontSize="10" />
                        </syncfusion:ChartSeries.AdornmentsInfo>

SS Sheik Syed Abthaheer M Syncfusion Team October 22, 2013 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We have analyzed your query and your reported memory leak issue has been fixed in our latest releases. So, please upgrade our latest version 11.3.0.30.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
M. Sheik

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon