We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

How to solve "Network Error" problem while exporting?

You can solve the “Network Error” problem while exporting OLAP controls through the below information.

REASON FOR THE PROBLEM:

In-general, we are using “HttpContext.Current.Response” class for exporting operations.  As WCF Service does not support the usage of this class, in all the system configurations, we get “Network Error”.

The below screen-shot shows the mentioned class used in WCF Service under Exportmethod.

C:\Users\ramesh.govindaraj\Desktop\sshot-1.png

 

SOLUTION:

In order to re-solve this problem, we have migrated to Web API controller class for adopting communication between server-side and client-side. Migration from WCF to Web API would require only minor configuration changes. Other than this, the service methods and logic inside service method would appear the same.  

Below UG documentation links illustrates how to integrate our OLAP controls with Web API controller.

OlapChart:                 http://help.syncfusion.com/js/olapchart/getting-started#webapi

PivotGrid:                 http://help.syncfusion.com/js/pivotgrid/getting-started#webapi

OlapClient:                 http://help.syncfusion.com/js/olapclient/getting-started#webapi

 

 

 

 

Article ID: Published Date: Last Revised Date: Platform: Control:
6300 02/15/2016 02/15/2016 ASP.NET Web Forms PivotGrid
Did you find this information helpful?
Comments
Eric Moore Sep 20, 2016
I just did this and it works in IE, but not Chrome.  The only difference i can see on what is returned is that the response when using IE has a Content-Length, but the response when hitting it via Chrome is Transfer-Encoding: chunked.  Both are hitting the same WebAPI method.
Reply
Sastha Prathap Selvamoorthy [Syncfusion] Sep 21, 2016
We have checked the reported problem which is only occurred in the latest verion (53.x.xxxx) of google chrome browser. But the same works fine in older versions. so we have raised a forum to google chrome to resolve the problem. Please find the below link to track.

Forum: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/wQ709tbEPXI;context-place=forum/chrome
Reply
Add Comment
You must log in to leave a comment

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.