Server Explorer allows you to connect to the Dashboard Server and DIP Server and you can import the dashboards, data sources and widgets from the servers by following the steps explained below.
Importing the data sources from Dashboard/DIP Servers using the Server Explorer
You can import the data sources from the Dashboard server and DIP server by using the Server Explorer option in the following suggested ways.
Method 1: Steps to import the published data source from Dashboard Server in the Server Explorer
- Log in to the Dashboard Server from the Server Explorer option. Refer the user guide documentation for login guidelines.
- Once you have successfully logged into the dashboard server, all the available published items will be shown in a tree structure.
- For importing the data source click, on the “DataSources” node and it will list out all the published data sources accessible to the current (login) user.
- Right click on the selected data source item and click "Import" button. Here we have imported the FIFA World Cup 2014 – Brazil data source.
- Now the data source will be successfully imported and added to the data source container. Further you can use this data source for configuring the widgets.
Method 2: Steps to create the data source from the published files from Dashboard Server account in the Server Explorer.
You can also create data sources from the published files. The CSV, XER, Text, Excel, JSON and db (SQLite) file types can be added as the data sources.
- Expand the files node in the Dashboard Server.
- Click on the supported file and select the "Add as data source" option.
- Now the data source will be added to the dashboard report. In this example we are adding the Northwind Excel file.
Method 3: Steps to create data sources form the DIP Server.
- Log in to the DIP Server from the Server Explorer option. Refer the user guide documentation for login guidelines.
- Right-click on any one of the connection under the data flow from the tree view and click "Create Data Source" option. The selected data source will be created based on the connection details provided in the API. In this example, we are using the DataSource1.
- Once the data source is created successfully, the data source tab will be automatically opened, and tables are added to the canvas, if and only if tables are available in the connection.
You can also import the published dashboards and widgets from the Dashboard server using the Server Explorer.
Import the published dashboard from the dashboard server using Server Explorer
- For importing the dashboards, click on the "Dashboards" node and it will list out all the published dashboards accessible to the current (login) user.
- Expand the dashboard categories and right click on the selected dashboard item and click "Import" button. Here we will import the FIFA World Cup 2014 – Brazil dashboard file.
- Now the dashboard will be successfully imported and added to the dashboard container.
Import the published Widgets from the dashboard server using Server Explorer
- For importing the widgets, click on the “Widgets” node and it will list out all the published widgets accessible to the current (login) user. Right click on the selected widget item and click "Import" button. Here we will import the widget named as "FIFA World Cup 2014 – Brazil".
- Now the widget and the used data source files will be successfully imported and added to the widgets and data sources container respectively.