Sometimes we could have changed the column name at the database after designing the dashboards. In this situation, if you are re-opening the saved dashboard, the modified column name will not be recognized. Hence, to handle this situation, we can manually update the column name in *.sydx file to avoid recreation of dashboards. NOTE: This is a temporary solution for this scenario and soon we will provide feature support for the same.
In this illustration, consider the older column name as "EmployeeID" and new column name as “Employee-ID".
Follow the below procedure to update the *.sydx file with the renamed column.
1. Rename the *.sydx file extension to *.zip format.
2. Extract the zip file.
3. Open the "DataSources" folder.
4. Please do the following changes in each data source file which are configured using the renamed column.
DataSource >> TreeViewSchemaInfo >> Table (Select the appropriate table which has the renamed column) >> Fields >> FieldInfo (Select the appropriate field which is renamed).
For ColumnName tag, change EmployeeID to Employee-ID.
For Key tag, change [dbo_Employees].[EmployeeID] to [dbo_Employees].[Employee-ID].
For PrimaryKeyColumn tag inside Parent tag, change EmployeeID to Employee-ID.
use string replace option to replace all that copied value to new value.
Older Value: [dbo_Employees].[EmployeeID]
New Value: [dbo_Employees].[Employee-ID]
5. Next move to the Widgets folder. Open each widget file and replace the older column name with new one, if it exists, like we did in #4 (previous point).
6. Select the all folders and files and convert it into *.zip file.
7. Finally rename the extension from *.zip to *.sydx. Now open the *.sydx file using the dashboard designer applicable and proceed as usual.
This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.