Syncfusion Essential XlsIO is a .NET Excel library used to create, read, and edit Excel documents. Using this library, you can start creating an Excel document in Xamarin.Android.
Steps to create Excel file programmatically:
- Create a new C# Xamarin Android application project.
- Select a project template and minimum android version for the application.
- Install Syncfusion.Xamarin.XlsIO NuGet package as a reference to the .NET Standard project in your Xamarin applications from NuGet.org.
- In Main.axml add the new button and define the click event to generate the Excel file.
- In Main.axml page add the following code to add the button
- In MainActivity.cs file add the following code to define the click event to generate Excel file.
- Include the following namespace in the MainActivity.cs file.
- In the click event method (OnButtonClicked) add the following code to create an Excel file and save it in a stream.
- Add the SaveAndroid class to the project where the stream will be saved to a physical file and the file can be opened for viewing.
The code for SaveAndroid class has been given below.
- Compile and execute the application. Now this application creates a simple Excel document.
Note: For the Excel document to be read and written in the android device, the storage permission must be given for the deployed application. To read/write with the external storage location enable the required permissions in Android Manifest.
A complete working example to create Excel file in Xamarin.Andriod can be downloaded from Create-Excel-file.zip.
Take a moment to peruse the documentation, where you can find basic worksheet data manipulation options along with features like Conditional Formatting, worksheet calculations through Formulas, adding Charts in worksheet or workbook, organizing and analyzing data through Tables and Pivot Tables, appending multiple records to worksheet using Template Markers, and most importantly PDF and Image conversions etc. with code examples.
Refer here to explore the rich set of Syncfusion Essential XlsIO features.
An online sample link to generate Excel file.
Create a Excel file in ASP.NET MVC
Create a Excel file in ASP.NET Core
Create a Excel file in Windows Forms
Create a Excel file in WPF
Starting with v16.2.0.x, if you reference Syncfusion assemblies from trial setup or from the NuGet feed, include a license key in your projects. Refer to link to learn about generating and registering Syncfusion license key in your application to use the components without trail message.