Syncfusion Essential XlsIO is a .NET Excel library used to create, read, and edit Excel documents. Using this library, you can start creating an Excel document in Xamarin.iOS.
Steps to create Excel file programmatically:
- Create a new C# Xamarin iOS application project.
- Select a project template and select minimum iOS version and Device Support for the application.
- Install Syncfusion.Xamarin.XlsIO NuGet package as a reference to the .NET Standard project in your Xamarin applications from NuGet.org.
- In project add new UIViewController class.
- In AppDelegate.cs add the following code on FinishedLaunching() to load the UIViewController1 at top of the window.
- In UIViewController1.cs add the following code in the ViewDidLoad() method to add the button in the UIView.
- Include the following namespace in the UIViewController1.cs file.
- In the click event method (OnButtonClicked) add the following code to create an Excel file and save it in a stream.
- Add the SaveIOS class to the project where the stream will be saved to a physical file and the file can be opened for viewing.
The code for SaveIOS class has been given below.
Note: To preview the Excel document in QuickLook, PreviewControllerDS, QLPreviewItemFileSystem and QLPreviewItemBundle classes have to be added in the project. The code for these helper classes can be found from this link (iOS -> PreviewControllerDS.cs).
- Compile and execute the application. Now this application creates a simple Excel document.
A complete working sample can be downloaded from Create-Excel-file.zip.
Take a moment to peruse the documentation, where you can find basic worksheet data manipulation options along with features like Conditional Formatting, worksheet calculations through Formulas, adding Charts in worksheet or workbook, organizing and analyzing data through Tables and Pivot Tables, appending multiple records to worksheet using Template Markers, and most importantly PDF and Image conversions etc. with code examples.
Refer here to explore the rich set of Syncfusion Essential XlsIO features.
An online sample link to generate Excel file.
Create a Excel file in ASP.NET MVC
Create a Excel file in ASP.NET Core
Create a Excel file in Windows Forms
Create a Excel file in WPF
Starting with v16.2.0.x, if you reference Syncfusion assemblies from trial setup or from the NuGet feed, include a license key in your projects. Refer to link to learn about generating and registering Syncfusion license key in your application to use the components without trail message.