Syncfusion Essential XlsIO is a .NET Excel library used to create, read, and edit Excel documents. Using this library, you can start creating an Excel document in ASP.NET Core.
Steps to create Excel file programmatically:
- Create a new C# ASP.NET Core Web Application project.
- Select Web Application pattern (Model-View-Controller) for the project.
- Install the Syncfusion.XlsIO.Net.Core NuGet package as reference to your .NET Standard applications from NuGet.org.
- A default controller with named HomeController.cs gets added on creation of ASP.NET MVC project. Include the following namespaces in the HomeController.cs file.
- A default action method named Index will be present in HomeController.cs. Right click on Index method and select Go To View where you will be directed to its associated view page Index.cshtml.
- Add a new button in the Index.cshtml as shown below.
- Add a new action method CreateDocument in HomeController.cs and include the below code snippet to create an Excel file and download it.
A complete working example of how to create an Excel file in ASP.NET Core can be downloaded from Create-Excel-file.zip.
By executing the program, you will get the Excel file as follows.
Take a moment to peruse the documentation, where you can find basic worksheet data manipulation options along with features like Conditional Formatting, worksheet calculations through Formulas, adding Charts in worksheet or workbook, organizing and analyzing data through Tables and Pivot Tables, appending multiple records to worksheet using Template Markers, and most importantly PDF and Image conversions etc., with code examples.
Refer here to explore the rich set of Syncfusion Essential XlsIO features.
An online sample link to generate Excel file.
Starting with v16.2.0.x, if you reference Syncfusion assemblies from trial setup or from the NuGet feed, include a license key in your projects. Refer to link to learn about generating and registering Syncfusion license key in your application to use the components without trail message.