Migrate data from one server to another server
Follow the given steps to migrate data between the servers:
- Before migrating the Dashboard Server from ‘Old server’, take a backup of the database and its resources, and follow the help link to take backup.
- Install the Dashboard Server into the new server.
- Copy the ‘App_Data’ folder from the ‘Old Server’ and create an ‘App_Data’ folder in the ‘New Server’ in the following location.
- To update the database details to the newly copied database, follow the given steps:
The connection string will be in encrypted format in the following file.
To decrypt the connection string, follow the given steps:
- Download the decrypt utility from the following link and extract it.
- Open “Config.xml” from the following location in the Syncfusion Dashboard Server installed machine. Copy the connection string as follows.
- Run “DecryptUtility.exe”, and provide the connection string. The decrypted connection string will be obtained.
- Then, create a new connection string for the database as same as the decrypted connection string format.
- Encrypt the connection string and update the value in “<connectionstring>” node in the “config.xml”.
To encrypt the new connection string, follow the given steps:
- Download a zip file from the following location.
- Extract the zip file and run the following 'DecryptUtility.exe' exe file from the extracted file.
- Provide the connection string as follows. Now, you can get the encrypted connection string.
- Then, update the encrypted connection string in the node <ConnectionString> </ConnectionString> of the config.xml file, and you can find the file in the following location.
- Browse the hosted report server site as follows.
- Click the site settings in the Dashboard Server and update the site URL as per the hosted URL. For more details, refer to the following link.