Syncfusion Essential PowerPoint is a .NET PowerPoint library used to create, read, and edit PowerPoint documents. Using this library, you can start creating a PowerPoint document in ASP.NET MVC.
Steps to create a PowerPoint file programmatically:
- Create a new ASP.NET MVC application project.
- Select the MVC template to create the project.
- Install the Syncfusion.Presentation.ASPNet.MVC5 NuGet package as reference to your .NET Framework application from NuGet.org.
- A default controller with name HomeController.cs gets added on creation of ASP.NET MVC project. Include the following namespace in that HomeController.cs file.
- A default action method named Index will be present in HomeController.cs. Right click on this action method and select Go To View where you will be directed to its associated view page Index.cshtml.
- Add a new button in the Index.cshtml as shown below.
- Add a new action method CreateDocument in HomeController.cs and include the below code snippet to create a PowerPoint file and download it.
A complete working example of how to create a PowerPoint file in ASP.NET MVC can be downloaded from Create PowerPoint file.zip
By executing the program, you will get the PowerPoint file as follows.
Take a moment to peruse the documentation, where you will find other options like create and edit PowerPoint tables, create and edit PowerPoint charts, convert PowerPoint slides to images, and convert PowerPoint file to PDF with code examples.
Refer here to explore the rich set of Syncfusion Essential PowerPoint features.
An online sample link to generate PowerPoint file.
Create a PowerPoint file in Windows Forms
Create a PowerPoint file in WPF
Create a PowerPoint file in Xamarin
Create a PowerPoint file in UWP
Create a PowerPoint file in ASP.Net Core
Create a PowerPoint file in Azure Function
Starting with v16.2.0.x, if you reference Syncfusion assemblies from trial setup or from the NuGet feed, include a license key in your projects. Refer to link to learn about generating and registering Syncfusion license key in your application to use the components without trail message.