Citrix XenCenter is fully open source and the management graphical User Interface for XenServers that runs on Windows.
Citrix XenServer is the frontend server virtualization platform that lets users to configure new virtual machines and to enable full virtual machine installation, configuration, administration, and lifecycle management.
Please follow the below steps to install Citrix XenCenter and XenServer as shown below,
- Download the Citrix XenCenter and installed it in the Windows Server 2008 R2+ or later OS.
- Then install the Citrix XenServer(OS) from the below link in a separate machine since it need a support for Virtualization Technology and enable VT Flag in the System BIOS.
- Xen Server domain name should not be a ‘localhost’.
- To Connect a XenServer to a XenCitrix follow the below steps,
- Right Click on the XenCenter and Click on “Add” or “Add a Server”.
- Then provide the details of the XenServer installed machine as below,
- XenServer is connected automatically.
- To create a new VM in XenServer follow the below steps,
- Right click on the XenServer and click on New VM.
- Then Select a OS to be used for a VM in the list provided and then click on “Next”.
- Provide the name and description for the newly created VM.
- Installation Media needs a OS (.iso) file to be installed for VM please follow the below steps,
- Click on New ISO Library.
- Then Select “Windows File Sharing(SMB/CIFS)” as shown below and then proceed by clicking “Next”.
- Provide any name for your storage-repository as per your wish and then proceed with Next.
- Then share the location in which you have .iso file as below,
e. Then proceed with Next and Click on “Create Now” option to create a VM.
f. VM has been added in XenServer and you can start it by right-click on it.
g. Now you can see that the VM was running under the Console tab as below,
- Then we can install our Dashboard Server application in that VM as in the below link,
7. Now we can able to run the Syncfusion Dashboard Server in Citrix environment.