Use Case Scenario: If you want to use any measure (or numeric) based column as dimension (or label), based column, then you can follow this approach.
In-order to change the column data type, please follow the below steps.
1) Select a particular column and click on the settings icon. A context menu now appears in which you need to select “Change Column Type” option.
2) For instance, if you want to change integer data type to string then select “Text” option from the context menu.
3) Once you change the column data type from integer to string, the changed column will act as string throughout the dashboard designing stages, until you change it to any other datatype or default datatype.
4) Now the changed column can be used in the widgets. Since the column is changed to string data type, the column gets displayed under “Dimension” section of control designer and you can configure in widgets accordingly. NOTE: If you have set the column data type as integer, then the column would have been listed under “Measures” section of control designer.
5. The following table represents the column data types and their equivalent convertible data types that are supported in our Dashboard Designer.
|Article ID:||Published Date:||Last Revised Date:||Platform:||Control:|
|8007||09/25/2017||09/25/2017||Dashboard Platform||Dashboard Datasources|