Syncfusion Essential XlsIO is a .NET Excel library used to create, read, and edit Excel documents. Using this library, you can create an Excel document in ASP.NET MVC.
Steps to create an Excel file programmatically:
- Create a new ASP.NET MVC application project.
- Install the Syncfusion.XlsIO.AspNet.Mvc5 NuGet package as reference to your .NET Framework application from NuGet.org.
- A default controller with name HomeController.cs gets added on creation of ASP.NET MVC project. Include the following namespace in that HomeController.cs file.
- A default action method named Index will be present in HomeController.cs. Right click on this action method and select Go To View where you will be directed to its associated view page Index.cshtml.
- Add a new button in the Index.cshtml as shown below.
- Add a new action method CreateDocument in HomeController.cs and include the below code snippet to create an Excel file and download it.
A complete working example of how to create an Excel file in ASP.NET MVC can be downloaded from Create-Excel-file.zip
By executing the program, you will get the Excel file as follows.
Take a moment to peruse the documentation, where you can find basic worksheet data manipulation options along with features like Conditional Formatting, worksheet calculations through Formulas, adding Charts in worksheet or workbook, organizing and analyzing data through Tables and Pivot Tables, appending multiple records to worksheet using Template Markers, and most importantly PDF and Image conversions with code examples.
Refer here to explore the rich set of Syncfusion Essential XlsIO features.
An online sample link to generate Excel file.
Create a Excel file in Xamarin
Create a Excel file in ASP.NET Core
Create a Excel file in Windows Forms
Create a Excel file in WPF
Starting with v16.2.0.x, if you reference Syncfusion assemblies from trial setup or from the NuGet feed, include a license key in your projects. Refer to link to learn about generating and registering Syncfusion license key in your application to use the components without trail message.