How to export user-defined function from grid to excel workbook?
In order to export user-defined formula library function from Grid to Excel, the following steps has to be followed.
- Create an Excel Add-In file (*.xla) including the user-defined function as illustrated in the following steps:
- Create a new empty workbook and click Save As from the File menu.
- In the Save As dialog box, select the location to save the workbook. Enter the file name for the Add-In workbook, and then select the type as Excel Add-In (*.xla).
- Click Save, and then press ALT+ F11 to open the VBA Editor. Now, you can create the custom function through the VBA Editor by inserting a module.
- Now, bind add-in file path and custom method name with GridExcelConverterControl through AddCustomFunction method.
The following screenshot illustrates how to create the user-defined function through the VBA editor.
The XLA file will not be visible in Excel because Add-Ins are never visible. All changes must be done to the VBA Editor only.
Last Revised Date: