EditControl supports complete localization of all the dialogs associated with it to any desired language. The Neutral Resources files for the EditControl is available in the directory - \Edit.Windows\Src\LocalizationSet. Please follow the steps below to localize the Neutral resource files.
1. Open the .resources file using the WinRes utility.
2. Make the desired changes in the .resources file.
3. Save the changes in the .resources file with the correct culture information.
4. Create the Satellite Assembly from this resources file with the appropriate SatelliteContractVersion. The current SatelliteContractVersion for EditControl is 188.8.131.52.
5. Mark this satellite assembly for verification skipping (since it’s not signed with the same strong-name as the product assembly), as follows.
sn -Vr Syncfusion.Edit.Windows.resources.dll
6. Create a new folder with the Culture name in the bin\debug folder. For example, bin\debug\de-DE\ for German (Germany).
7. Copy the Satellite Assemblies into this folder.
8. Change the UI culture of the current thread using the code as shown below.
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("de-DE");
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("de-DE")
Now when the exe is run and the application thread’s current-UI-Culture is set to the appropriate culture, say German(Germany) as an example, the resources in the corresponding resource assembly from the de-DE sub-folder will be picked up.
Please refer to the test sample attached below for more information.
|Article ID:||Published Date:||Last Revised Date:||Platform:||Control:|