How do I makeAccess2007 as front end and create word document with Essential DocIO?
You can make Access 2007 as front end to create word document by creating COM Interop assemblies and then bind it to the Access2007 form using Macros.
Steps to generate a report from MS-Access:
- Create a .net library to generate report using DocIO.
- On the "Application" tab click the "Asembly Information" and make assembly COM-visible as “true"
- On the "Build" tab check the "Register for COM interop" checkbox (towards the bottom: you may need to scroll down). Also strong name the assembly by signing it.
- Build the application to generate the signed and interop assemblies.
- Open Access2007, Now go to VBA editor (Tools->Macros).
- Include a reference to our created new library. Select "References" on the Visual Basic Editor "Tools" menu
- Add a new code module. You can do this with the Insert/Module command on the menu. Value can be binded dynamically with a Form and generate the report.
- Now run the macro to generate a report.
- Please download the sample from the below link which demonstrates the use of Access2007 database,
- Place the "Data" folder in [C:]. This part of the code is hard coded.
- Open the Northwind.accdb from the "FinalResult" folder.
- Enable macros when prompted.
- Goto Forms and select Form12.
- Run it and then click "Generate report" to generate the word documents.
- Browse through the data by navigating and then click generate report for generating reports based on OrderID.
Last Revised Date: