To resolve the ‘Could not open the key’ error, follow the steps given below:
1) Click start-->Run-->regedit-->Ok, to navigate to the following system registry location:
2) Right click on Components and select Permissions.
3) Click the Advanced button.
4) Select the Owner Tab
5) Under the Change owner to option, select Administrators (Group) and click Apply.
Refer to the following screenshot:
6) Select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box and click Apply.
7) Go to the Permissions tab, select the Replace all child objects Permissions with inheritable permissions from this object check box and click apply.
NOTE: The wording maybe a bit different depending on your operating system.
8) Browse to the specified registry key entry in the following location as the installer prompts in the error message.
9) Delete all the key entries as in the installer error dialog.
10) Install the setup again.
This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.