Syncfusion Essential XlsIO is a .NET Excel library used to create, read, and edit Excel documents. Using this library, you can start converting Excel worksheet to image in Xamarin.iOS.
Steps to convert Excel worksheet to image programmatically:
- Create a new C# Xamarin iOS application project.
- Select a project template and select minimum iOS version and Device Support for the application.
- Install Syncfusion.Xamarin.XlsIORenderer , Syncfusion.Xamarin.Pdf and SkiaSharp NuGet packages as a reference to the .NET Standard project in your Xamarin applications from NuGet.org.
- In project add new UIViewController class.
- In AppDelegate.cs add the following code on FinishedLaunching() to load the UIViewController1 at top of the window.
- In UIViewController1.cs add the following code in the ViewDidLoad() method to add the button in the UIView.
- Include the following namespace in the UIViewController1.cs file.
- In the click event method (OnButtonClicked) add the following code to create an Excel file and save it in a stream.
- Add the SaveIOS class to the project where the stream will be saved to a physical file and the file can be opened for viewing.
The code for SaveIOS class has been given below.
Note: To preview the Excel document in QuickLook, PreviewControllerDS, QLPreviewItemFileSystem and QLPreviewItemBundle classes have to be added in the project. The code for these helper classes can be found from this link (iOS -> PreviewControllerDS.cs).
- Compile and execute the application. Now this application creates a simple Excel document.
A complete working example to convert worksheet to image in Xamarin.iOS can be downloaded from Worksheet-to-Image.zip.
By executing the program, you will get the Excel file as follows.
Know more about Essential XlsIO through the documentation, where you can find more information of Worksheet to Image conversion with respective code examples and prerequisite.
Refer here to explore the rich set of Syncfusion Essential XlsIO features.
Starting with v16.2.0.x, if you reference Syncfusion assemblies from trial setup or from the NuGet feed, include a license key in your projects. Refer to link to learn about generating and registering Syncfusion license key in your application to use the components without trail message.