We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Different Cell value/text

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

95283 Jun 30,2010 01:46 AM Jul 8,2010 09:22 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: Grouping
Genu Smith
Asked On June 30, 2010 01:46 AM

Hi
Is it possible to have different cell value and text.for example in a foriegn key column we show person name as cell text but cell value is an integer.where I can set cell text?

Regards

Nirmal Raja [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 30, 2010 10:32 PM

Hi Genu,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The text and the cell value will be same when the value has been set to the grid cells. Instead you can use the display member and value member of the combobox cell as in the sample provided in the following link in our browser sample:
{Install Drive}:\Syncfusion\{Version number}\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Filters and Expressions\Filter By DisplayMember Demo

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Nirmal

Genu Smith
Replied On July 1, 2010 02:44 AM

Hi
Thanks for your reply.but it doesn't work when I set that column's editor to a custom made editor(PersonTitleCellModel which renderes a combobox with a new button).In editing mode it works fine.But It shows foreign key ids not names at the first glance(normal mode).

Regards

Christopher Issac Sunder K [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 8, 2010 09:22 AM

Hi Genu,

Thanks for the update.

I am unable to see the issue mentioned by you. I have prepared a sample based on your requirement which is available in the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=GGC_CustomCombo-1923392765.zip

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
Christo.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;