We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Issue with licenses.licx

I have a build server running 64-bit Windows Server 2K3 with SyncFusion 4.1.0.50 installed.
I have a solution that builds successfully on this machine when built using Visual Studio.
The problem arises when I build the same solution on this machine as a build server (TFS Team Build). The build fails and the build log shows that it failed at this step:

"Processing complist 'licenses.licx'...
licenses.licx(1): error LC0004: Exception occurred creating type 'Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core, Version=4.102.0.50, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4'"

Any pointers on this error would are highly appreciated.

3 Replies

S. S.Anandharaman Syncfusion Team May 17, 2010 02:20 PM UTC

Hi Maslam,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

1) Please check whether the key is properly set in the following registry paths

If 32 bit machine

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\InstalledVersions\Keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\InstalledVersions\Keys

If 64 bit machine

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\InstalledVersions\Keys

2) Could you also please verify that the proper version Syncfusion.Core is copied in the build machine.

3) Make sure that no other version Syncfusion.Core is in build machine GAC.

4) Open the project and check whether the correct version Syncfusion.Core is referred.

5) If key is not properly set in the registry path download the key unlocking utility from:

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=synckeynoui-1596217569.zip

This simple command line program can unlock any system so that our assemblies can be used. The enclosed application can license enable any machine without having to install the complete studio. It can be called as below on the command line. It only needs to be run once to license a machine.

synckeynoui.exe

Please let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,
AnandharamanS

JT jason tallen replied to S.Anandharaman October 30, 2019 09:03 AM UTC

Hi Maslam,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

1) Please check whether the key is properly set in the following registry paths

If 32 bit machine

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\InstalledVersions\Keys

If 64 bit machine

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\InstalledVersions\Keys

2) Could you also please verify that the proper version Syncfusion.Core is copied in the build machine.

3) Make sure that no other version Syncfusion.Core is in build machine GAC.

4) Open the project and check whether the correct version Syncfusion.Core is referred.

5) If key is not properly set in the registry path download the key unlocking utility from:

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=synckeynoui-1596217569.zip

This simple command line program can unlock any system so that our assemblies can be used. The enclosed application can license enable any machine without having to install the complete studio. It can be called as below on the command line. It only needs to be run once to license a machine.

synckeynoui.exe

Please let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,
AnandharamanS

This is very often mistake of beginners when other version Syncfusion.Core is in build machine GAC, as I noticed from my experience. Thanks for the tutorial!

PR Padmini Ramamurthy Syncfusion Team October 30, 2019 09:39 AM UTC

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for the update:) 

Regards, 
Padmini 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon