We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Fix for Syncfusion Dashboard error - "Evaluation Period has expired. Unable to grant runtime license."

Dear customers,

Several customers have reported that running the Syncfusion Dashboard displays the following error - "Evaluation Period has expired. Unable to grant runtime license."

We have investigated this issue and determined that it was caused by the Syncfusion Dashboard being built with an incorrect key. It does not affect the functioning of your applications and the Syncfusion Assemblies used with these. It affects the Syncfusion Dashboard and nothing else.

We have fixed this issue and recompiled the Dashboard utility. Please download the zip file linked below and extract the included exe file. Replace the currently installed file available at the following location with the new exe:

{Installed Drive}:\{Installed Path}\syncfusion\essential studio\7.3.0.20\Infrastructure\Dashboard\.

Once replaced you can run the Dashboard utility.

Dashboard-123936651.zip

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please contact Syncfusion Technical support if you would like any additional information. Thank you for choosing Syncfusion.

Best regards,

Daniel Jebaraj
Syncfusion, Inc

14 Replies

YC Yash Chabria August 30, 2009 03:05 PM UTC

Please close this ticket, One need to run the Dashboard in an administrative mode after you replace the Dashboard.exe and WPF samples.
-Regards
Yash

EB Evan Bossett August 31, 2009 06:19 PM UTC

This does NOT occur in the dashboard.

This happens in my application.

I try to generate an Excel object and the text in the spreadsheet is the following:

"This file was created using the evaluation version of Syncfusion Essential XlsIO."

However, the Dashboard says that my license is isntalled correctly. In the License Manager:
""
This key licenses Essential Studio version 7.1.0.*

Syncfusion products licensed with this key are listed below -

Syncfusion Essential Calculate
Syncfusion Essential Chart
Syncfusion Infrastructure Library Core
Syncfusion Essential Diagram
Syncfusion Essential Docio
Syncfusion Essential Edit
Syncfusion Essential Excelrw
Syncfusion Essential Gauge
Syncfusion Essential Grid
Syncfusion Essential Grouping
Syncfusion Essential Htmlui
Syncfusion Essential Pdf
Syncfusion Essential Schedule
Syncfusion Infrastructure Library Shared
Syncfusion Essential Tools

Diagnostic - Email Checksum = H92f4

""

MM Mike Marshall August 31, 2009 08:06 PM UTC

I am having this problem in my application also.

I have just purchased the product (Essential Studio vol 3) after having the trial and the Dashboard says my new license key is in fact valid thru 9/15 (until I am emailed the final key).

InnerException: Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.SyncfusionLicenseException
Message="Evaluation period has expired. Unable to grant runtime license."
Source="Syncfusion.Core"
StackTrace:
at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternal(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type, Object instance)
at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent..ctor(Type type)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI.HTMLUIControl..ctor()

MM Mike Marshall August 31, 2009 08:30 PM UTC

I followed the instructions at [Daniel Jebaraj[Syncfusion] at 8/17/2009 3:59:02 PM] and everything is fine now.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 12, 2009 03:31 PM UTC

This issue can be closed. Thanks.

RB Richard Breault October 13, 2009 01:16 PM UTC

My problem was not solved with the new Dashboard utility.

The problem still occurs when trying to create a new ExcelEngine in an application. I get a "System.IndexOutOfRange" exception in "Syncfusion.Core".
StackTrace:
Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.Hex.decode(String data)
Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.UnlockKeyInfo.ExtractPrefixVersionInfo(String str)
Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.UnlockKeyInfo..ctor(String key, String filterVersion)
Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.Validate(String str)
Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)
System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey)
System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternal(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license)
System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type, Object instance)
Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent..ctor(Type type)
Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent..ctor(Type type, Boolean& isEvalExpired)
Syncfusion.XlsIO.ExcelEngine.ValidateLicense()
Syncfusion.XlsIO.ExcelEngine..ctor()

I am using a trial version (Essential Studio 2009 v.3) on which I still have 2 weeks left.

When I run the License Manager from the Dashboard I get the error: "Unable to decipher key".

After changing the Dashboard utility I ran the License Enabler against my project but it did not change anything.

RB Richard Breault October 13, 2009 01:34 PM UTC

Update on my previous post.

The problem occurs only if I run my application from Visual Studio 2005.

No problem if I run the application directly from a previous release build of the application.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 13, 2009 03:20 PM UTC

Does this apply to version 7.2.37?

I download the zip and try to runt it after replacing but does not run.

SS Shikhar Sharma October 23, 2009 04:12 PM UTC

I am getting this error even when the license is correctly updated using the license manager.
This error comes up while creating a new object
excelEngine = New ExcelEngine()
when I debug the code.

Could you please notify

gagandeep.kapoor@dh.gsi.gov.uk
David.T.Smith@dh.gsi.gov.uk
dan.bettesworth@dh.gsi.gov.uk

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team October 26, 2009 03:39 AM UTC

Hi Shikhar,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please refer this thread to resolve the licensing issue?

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/89063

Thanks,
Vijay

AM Ayman Metwally March 3, 2013 05:37 PM UTC

I have similar error !

"Trial expired" in the main form and when clicking "License Manager", it displays an error "Unable to decipher key" !

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team March 4, 2013 03:37 PM UTC

Hi Ayman,

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please share the Essential Studio setup version detail with us, so that it would be helpful for us to analyze the issue better.

Please let me know, if you have any queries.

Regards,

Vadivel N

AM Ayman Metwally March 12, 2013 08:45 PM UTC

Hello Vadivel,

My version is 11.1.0.21

PC Periyasamy C Syncfusion Team March 13, 2013 08:41 AM UTC

Hi Ayman,

We have created an incident for the reported issue under your Direct Trac account. We request you follow the incident 105644 for further technical assistance.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Periyasamy C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon