We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Currency CellType row selection textcolor (Urgent)

Hi,

While using Currency CellType, I cannot see the highlighted text in the row when the row is selected. It works well with other celltypes. I am using GroupingGridControl.

Please advise.
Thanks,
Alomgir

5 Replies

AM Alomgir Miah June 12, 2009 07:33 PM UTC

It happens only when I set

TableOptions.AllowSelection = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSelectionFlags.None;

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team June 20, 2009 08:20 AM UTC

Hi Alomgir,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

With the currency celltype, the highlighted currency cell text can be viewed even when the row is selected. Please refer to the attached minimal sample which i have created to reproduce the reported issue.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/7.2.0.20/F82420.zip

I was able to see the text color applied to the currency cell when the row is under selection.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Location"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CurrencyEdit.NegativeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Location"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CurrencyEdit.PositiveColor = System.Drawing.Color.Black;

Can you please try to reproduce the issue in this sample and provide us so that we could see the issue and work to provide a better solution.

Regards,
Rajadurai

AM Alomgir Miah June 22, 2009 09:13 PM UTC

Please change your appearence(from xp theme) to Windows classic style, then you will know what I mean. I ran your sample and see the same issue. The textcolor of the selected rows should be white instead of black.

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team June 25, 2009 01:34 PM UTC

Hi Alomgir,

Thanks for your update.

An important characteristic of the currency cell is highlighting in different colors to differentiate negative and positive values. The PositiveColor and NegativeColor property of currency cells holds SystemColors.ControlText and Color.Red respectively by default.

When the listboxselectionmode is set, the ApplySelectionColor is set by default for GridListBoxSelectionColorOptions. With this option, the backcolor and forecolor refers to SelectionBackColor and SelectionTextColor property in TableOptions which doesn't influence the Currency cells due to the default colors it holds(PositiveColor, NegativeColor).

If you would like to have the highligting of currency cell text with listboxselectionmode similar to the one when the AllowSelection mode is set, please try to set the GridListBoxSelectionColorOptions to DrawAlphablend. Here is the code for your reference.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionColorOptions = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridListBoxSelectionColorOptions.DrawAlphablend;

Regards,
Rajadurai

AM Alomgir Miah June 25, 2009 06:43 PM UTC

Works like a charm. Thank you.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon