We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GCC:System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values

Hi,

I recently started to get such exceptions in the GCC(see below). My grid has two different child tables and I put it into cache, hide it and switch to another grid in the explorer view. Sometimes, I am getting this exception in the process of grid hiding. Do you have a sample that demonstrates a hierarchical grid with two different children, so I'll be able to reconstruct the situation?
I would greatly appreciate yoour help in this issue.Many thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Shcherbina

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
at Syncfusion.Grouping.RelationDescriptorCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Record.AdjustRecordRowCount()
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Record.Syncfusion.Grouping.Internals.IElementTreeTableSource.GetChildElementTreeTable (Boolean displayOrder)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Internals.ElementHelper.GetTreeEntries(Element el, Boolean displayOrder)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Internals.ElementHelper.GetNextElementStepIn(Element el, Int32 cookie, Type finalType, Boolean stepInNestedTables, Table outerTable)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.RuntimeElementsInTableCollectionEnumerator.MoveNext()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.InternalGetFrozenRows()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridScroll.UpdateScrollbars(Boolean bRedraw, Boolean bOnlyIfDimensionChanged)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.UpdateScrollBars()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.UpdateScrollBars()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

4 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team May 14, 2009 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please refer the sample having nested grid with different children. Could you please reproduce the issue in the attached sample?

http://files.syncfusion.com/support/Grid.Windows/Sample/NestedGrid.zip

Regards,
Jisha

VS Vladimir Shcherbina May 19, 2009 03:22 PM UTC

Hi Jisha,

Many thanks for your answer. In our case we have UniformChildList instead of RelatedMasterDetails as RelationKind. Could you send me such example ?
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Best Regards,
vladimir

VS Vladimir Shcherbina May 21, 2009 03:51 PM UTC

Hi,

I need to add an unsaved row to such grid and then switch to another one (without saving the added record). In provided example, GGC discards a newly added row, so if you return to the 1st grid you will not see it. In my case, I need to see the newly added record after hiding the 1st grid and showing it again.
Could you provide such example?
Thanks,
Vladimir

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team May 30, 2009 07:59 AM UTC

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your update.

The GetTableControl method and TableDescriptor property used to create the relation in ChildTable. If you need RelationMaster details in the UniformChild relation table, then please try using RelationKind and RelationKey property in GridRelationDescriptor to achieve this behavior.

Please refer the sample in below link.
http://files.syncfusion.com/support/samples/Grid.Windows/Forums/Relation.zip

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon