We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

BindingList<T> update in the nested grid.

Hi,
I'm trying to create "virtual grouping grid" that provide requested appearance of the grid.
I maintain generic binding lists. Somehow GGC does not display updates made in nested binded list if the collection was added empty or maybe for some other reasons.
Is there workaround for my solution? I would like to get as low CPU impact as possible.

I attached the example. I am dynamically(on button click) adding 2 parent "rows" with 2 "child" rows and second row doesn't display children. Note: 2nd "child" added to the first "parent" after "parent" is added to the list. The GGC is setup on load of the form and contain some of the recommendations for performance from syncfusion examples and support.

Thank you,
Alex Feldman.

BindingTest_f6db2675.zip

3 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team February 20, 2009 04:25 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I have checked your sample. I couldn't reproduce the issue you reported with parent and child rows updating. It works fine. To update the change made to the binded list, you can try setting the following property as this refreshes the grid with update.

this.gridgroupingControl1.TableDirtyOnSourceListReset = true;

This property specifies if the engine should set TableDirty to true when the data source raises ListChangedType.Reset.

Regards,
Rajadurai

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 20, 2009 04:59 PM UTC

Thank you for the reply,
I'm using syncfusion 6.2 version and I attached screenshot of the example after single button click. second row doesn't have any nested rows.
Do you see different result?

I'm going to try your advice about DirtyTable.

view2_cc55cbe3.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 20, 2009 05:02 PM UTC

setting the flag resolved the issue
TableDirtyOnSourceListReset = true;

Thank you.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon