We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

BindingList<ParentObject> bound to grid question

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

74189 Jun 3,2008 09:26 AM UTC Aug 6,2008 09:27 AM UTC Windows Forms 4
Tags: GridControl
test
Asked On June 3, 2008 09:26 AM UTC

Hi all,

I have a BindingList attached to a grouping grid. Each parent object may or may not be an instance of a child object (Child1 : ParentObject, Child2 : ParentObject)

Child1 has a property called ChildOne and Child2 has a property called ChildTwo.

Is there any way to show ChildOne and ChildTwo in the grid taking into account that such a property may not exist (since the object can be ParentObject, Child1 or Child2)

Thanks,
Jack

Sri Rajan [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 4, 2008 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Here is the minimal sample which implements you requirements.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/grid.windows/F74189/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Srirajan

test
Replied On June 4, 2008 02:02 PM UTC

Hi all,

I have a BindingList attached to a grouping grid. Each parent object may or may not be an instance of a child object (Child1 : ParentObject, Child2 : ParentObject)

Child1 has a property called ChildOne and Child2 has a property called ChildTwo.

Is there any way to show ChildOne and ChildTwo in the grid taking into account that such a property may not exist (since the object can be ParentObject, Child1 or Child2)

Thanks,
Jack

Thanks for your reply but i was actually looking for something else.

The code would be something like BindingList

ParentObj contains property Prop
ChildOne extends ParentObj and has a property called ChildOneProp
ChildTwo extends ParentObj and has a property called ChildTwoProp

So the BindingList contains object of type ParentObj which may as well be of type ChildOne or ChildTwo.

I need to gain access to ChildOneProp and ChildTwoProp and show them in my grid. Is this possible?

test
Replied On June 5, 2008 09:06 AM UTC

anyone? its very crucial to get this working.

thx

Nisha Arockiya A [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 6, 2008 09:27 AM UTC

Hi Jack,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

I could able to see the issue of BindingList bound to grid that you have mentioned here. On analysing i could find that it is impossible to bind the bindinglist of child to parent grid though it could access child's data.

Please let me know any for clarifications.
Regards,
Nisha.
>anyone? its very crucial to get this working.

thx

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;