We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Web Host

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

69602 Nov 4,2007 04:30 PM Nov 5,2007 02:53 PM General Discussion 1
Tags: General Discussion
Samuel Moise
Asked On November 4, 2007 04:30 PM

We have developed a web site that relies heavily on Essential Studio for ASP.NET. However, our web site, which works fine in Visual Studio, does not work on our hosted web site. Our web hosting company (1&1) has provided prompt responses to my attempts to resolve this, but the responses have been useless and indicate that the tech support people do not understand what is needed to support 3rd party tools.

Can anyone refer me to a web hosting service that supports the Syncfusion products and that you are satisfied with?

Thanks,
Samuel Moise

Daniel Jebaraj [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 5, 2007 02:53 PM

Hi Samuel,

This depends on the controls that are being used. With controls that do not require special permissions any host should be fine. Some of our more advanced controls such as the grid and chart do require elevated permissions. These permissions can come either by elevated trust to the application or by installing our assemblies to the GAC. For these controls a hosting provider that supports installation of third party controls to the GAC would be good. We do not have specific knowledge of hosting providers that offer such support.

Please let us know if you need any additional information. We will be glad to work with any hosting provider that will require assistance supporting our controls on their systems.

Best regards,
Daniel Jebaraj
Syncfusion, Inc

>We have developed a web site that relies heavily on Essential Studio for ASP.NET. However, our web site, which works fine in Visual Studio, does not work on our hosted web site. Our web hosting company (1&1) has provided prompt responses to my attempts to resolve this, but the responses have been useless and indicate that the tech support people do not understand what is needed to support 3rd party tools.

Can anyone refer me to a web hosting service that supports the Syncfusion products and that you are satisfied with?

Thanks,
Samuel Moise

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;