We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem adapting GridControl sample "EnhancedNumericUpDown" custom cell type to GridGroupingControl

Hi everyone!
I need a NumericUpDown cell type, that can handle float values (typically 2 decimal places), and I tried to use the sample called EnhancedNumericUpDown, (shipped with v. 5.1.0, for .Net 2.0) as it would provide this.

It is written for the grid control, while I use the GridGroupingControl, and I seem to be doing something very wrong.

I managed to add the type to
myGrid.TableModel.CellModels:
m_SpecificationsGridGroupingControl.TableModel.CellModels.Add("FNumericUpDown",new FNumericUpDownCellModel(m_SpecificationsGridGroupingControl.TableModel));

Is this even correct? It seems to be, as I can do this:
mygrid[mycolumn].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "FNumericUpDown";
m_FloatNumericUpDownStyleProperties = new FloatNumericUpDownStyleProperties(gridStyleInfo);
Where Gridstyle is the
gridTableDescriptor.Columns[myColumn].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell

However, when I, just below, try this:
m_FloatNumericUpDownStyleProperties.FloatNumericUpDownProperties.Maximum = 15.0;
the FloatNumericUpDownProperties is null.
It doesn't matter if I try creating it with
m_FloatNumericUpDownStyleProperties.FloatNumericUpDownProperties = new FloatNumericUpDownProperties ()
first.

I would appreciate any help that can give me a NumericUpDown celltype that handles at least two decimal places in my GridGroupingControl!

Thanks!

4 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 11, 2007 11:47 PM UTC

Hi Flix,

Thank you for you update. We will analyze your issue in more details and let you know the solution possibly by tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Haneef

FL flix June 14, 2007 07:29 AM UTC

Hi!
Any news on this subject?
Is it something that is difficult to solve?
Is it a bug in GridGroupingControl?
Is it just me not doing things right?

If this is something that will take you guys a long time to fix, I would appreciate if you let me know, although, I'm sure you're doing your very best.

Thanks!
/Felix

>Hi Flix,

Thank you for you update. We will analyze your issue in more details and let you know the solution possibly by tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Haneef

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team June 14, 2007 09:48 PM UTC

Hi Felix,

Sorry for the delayed response. Here is a minimal sample that shows you "How to set EnhancedNumericUpDown celltype in a GroupingGrid?". Please try the attached sample and let me know if this helps.

FloatNumericButton.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

FL flix June 15, 2007 10:52 AM UTC

Thankyou!
We will evaluate your suggestion during the next few days.

The delay was no problem.

>Hi Felix,

Sorry for the delayed response. Here is a minimal sample that shows you "How to set EnhancedNumericUpDown celltype in a GroupingGrid?". Please try the attached sample and let me know if this helps.

FloatNumericButton.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon