We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Problem adapting GridControl sample "EnhancedNumericUpDown" custom cell type to GridGroupingControl

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

62242 Jun 11,2007 10:57 AM Jun 15,2007 06:52 AM Windows Forms 4
Tags: GridControl
flix
Asked On June 11, 2007 10:57 AM

Hi everyone!
I need a NumericUpDown cell type, that can handle float values (typically 2 decimal places), and I tried to use the sample called EnhancedNumericUpDown, (shipped with v. 5.1.0, for .Net 2.0) as it would provide this.

It is written for the grid control, while I use the GridGroupingControl, and I seem to be doing something very wrong.

I managed to add the type to
myGrid.TableModel.CellModels:
m_SpecificationsGridGroupingControl.TableModel.CellModels.Add("FNumericUpDown",new FNumericUpDownCellModel(m_SpecificationsGridGroupingControl.TableModel));

Is this even correct? It seems to be, as I can do this:
mygrid[mycolumn].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "FNumericUpDown";
m_FloatNumericUpDownStyleProperties = new FloatNumericUpDownStyleProperties(gridStyleInfo);
Where Gridstyle is the
gridTableDescriptor.Columns[myColumn].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell

However, when I, just below, try this:
m_FloatNumericUpDownStyleProperties.FloatNumericUpDownProperties.Maximum = 15.0;
the FloatNumericUpDownProperties is null.
It doesn't matter if I try creating it with
m_FloatNumericUpDownStyleProperties.FloatNumericUpDownProperties = new FloatNumericUpDownProperties ()
first.

I would appreciate any help that can give me a NumericUpDown celltype that handles at least two decimal places in my GridGroupingControl!

Thanks!

haneefm [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 11, 2007 07:47 PM

Hi Flix,

Thank you for you update. We will analyze your issue in more details and let you know the solution possibly by tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Haneef

flix
Replied On June 14, 2007 03:29 AM

Hi!
Any news on this subject?
Is it something that is difficult to solve?
Is it a bug in GridGroupingControl?
Is it just me not doing things right?

If this is something that will take you guys a long time to fix, I would appreciate if you let me know, although, I'm sure you're doing your very best.

Thanks!
/Felix

>Hi Flix,

Thank you for you update. We will analyze your issue in more details and let you know the solution possibly by tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Haneef

haneefm [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 14, 2007 05:48 PM

Hi Felix,

Sorry for the delayed response. Here is a minimal sample that shows you "How to set EnhancedNumericUpDown celltype in a GroupingGrid?". Please try the attached sample and let me know if this helps.

FloatNumericButton.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

flix
Replied On June 15, 2007 06:52 AM

Thankyou!
We will evaluate your suggestion during the next few days.

The delay was no problem.

>Hi Felix,

Sorry for the delayed response. Here is a minimal sample that shows you "How to set EnhancedNumericUpDown celltype in a GroupingGrid?". Please try the attached sample and let me know if this helps.

FloatNumericButton.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;