We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion.Core.dll doesn''t copy to output directory when ''Copy Local'' is true

Hello,

To help with bundling and deployment from Visual Studio 2005, I have all of my project's references set to be copied to the output directory; meaning 'Copy Local' is set to true.

This works fine for everything EXCEPT Syncfusion.Core.dll; it just won't do it and I can't figure out why. This didn't work in 4.x and it doesn't work in the 5.x beta either.

Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions or insight on how to fix this?

Keith

16 Replies

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team April 5, 2007 08:09 PM UTC

Hello Keith,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I have notified the development team and we will definitely fix it soon.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Kumaresh

GK Greg Kim July 23, 2008 10:55 PM UTC

Has this issue been resolved? I'm seeing this in version 6.102.0.34. Every reference is set to Copy Local = true and every dll except Core.dll is copied to the output directory.

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team July 24, 2008 10:43 AM UTC

Hi Greg,

We tested this issue in the latest v6.3.0.30 and was not able to see this issue now.

Can you please try this in your machine and let me know if this works? In this version we have pointed the assembly references to the new PublicAssemblies location under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\PublicAssemblies.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nanda

PT Peter Trevor NO LONGER WITH COMPANY August 14, 2008 01:36 PM UTC

We have recently also noticed this problem ... but only intermittantly. We are using 6.3.0.30. In one instance we were able to fix this by dropping all the Syncfusion references and re-adding them. In another instance this didn't help so we manually added the missing dll into the output. With only a couple of instances we haven't yet identified any common pattern as to when this occurs (all other programs work fine so far).

PT Peter Trevor NO LONGER WITH COMPANY August 15, 2008 03:06 PM UTC

Oops, just had another instance of this today.

RS Ramani S Syncfusion Team August 18, 2008 09:28 AM UTC

Hi Pedro,

I deeply regret for the inconvenience.

I am afraid that i could not able to reproduce this issue.

Could you please send me some details about at what point and how you got this issue.

Could you please try this:

1.Make sure all the assemblies are there in the GAC. Then set all the reference's copy local property to false and build the project.

2. Then again set the reference's copy local property to true and build the project.

You can see the syncfusion.core.dll in the output directory.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Ramani

>Oops, just had another instance of this today.

>Oops, just had another instance of this today.

PT Peter Trevor NO LONGER WITH COMPANY August 18, 2008 09:52 AM UTC

Checked all required Syncfusion assemblies are in the GAC ... they are.

Set all Syncfusion references to LocalCopy=false, cleaned solution, built solution, set all Syncfusion references to LocalCopy=true, cleaned solution, built solution, looked in output directory ... Syncfusion.Core still missing.

(And, yes, Syncfusion.Core is a reference in the solution.)

In other words it made no difference. (We do have a workaround: we manually copy the dll into the output directory.)

Regards Pedro

RS Ramani S Syncfusion Team August 18, 2008 02:05 PM UTC

Hi Pedro,

I deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

It is working fine in our environment. We have forwarded this issue to our developers.

So as you have suggested please copy the syncfusion.core.dll manually to the project folder.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Ramani

>Checked all required Syncfusion assemblies are in the GAC ... they are.

Set all Syncfusion references to LocalCopy=false, cleaned solution, built solution, set all Syncfusion references to LocalCopy=true, cleaned solution, built solution, looked in output directory ... Syncfusion.Core still missing.

(And, yes, Syncfusion.Core is a reference in the solution.)

In other words it made no difference. (We do have a workaround: we manually copy the dll into the output directory.)

Regards Pedro

MP Michael Poelzl August 21, 2008 07:34 PM UTC

I have also just noticed this issue. All bu the Core dll are copied to the output directory. I didn't notice before since it was always substituted by the GAC version on the development computer.

RS Ramani S Syncfusion Team August 25, 2008 01:40 PM UTC

Hi,

I regret for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please manually add the dll to the output directory till we solve this issue.

Thanks for your patience.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Ramani

>I have also just noticed this issue. All bu the Core dll are copied to the output directory. I didn't notice before since it was always substituted by the GAC version on the development computer.

RB Rene Balvert January 11, 2011 01:49 PM UTC

Hi,

it seems te be and old issue, but I am facing the same problem.

Syncfusion.Core is not copied to the output (debug or release) directory.

Is there any update regarding this issue?

Using version 6.303.1.8 (runtime v2.0.50727 VS2010)

Rene

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team January 12, 2011 01:49 PM UTC

Hi Keith,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please follow the below steps to resolve the reported issue?

1. Open your VS2005 project file in any text editor and ensure that only one Syncfusion.Core reference entry exist in your project.
2. If more than one Syncfusion.Core entry exist in your project please remove those entries and ensure that only one Syncfusion.Core entry in your project.
3. Reload your project in Visual Studio.
4. Ensure that all Syncfusion referenced assemblies copy local property set as TRUE.
5. Rebuild your application.

If still face this issue, Please ensure that, Syncfusion.Core is not there in either GAC (if you set the Assembly Reference as CopyLocal=False) or Bin or local folder where you referred from(If you set the Assembly Reference as CopyLocal=True). Please make sure this and re-compile your project, it should work for you.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Kannan.S

WA Winfried Andreas January 29, 2011 11:36 AM UTC

Hello,

I am a bit astonished that this really old problem still is present in the suite and not being fixed.

I am using certain winform-controls in a bunch of winform-projects since version 4.x as well, upgrading constantly to every new version released in the meantime as I am subscribing the suite. Currently I am developing with version 8.4.

In fact for me syncfusion.core just NEVER copies to the output folder for those projects. Once you get used to it, it is not a heck of a problem, because I use to copy it manually or by script in the output folder not to forget it later during deployment.

I just wonder a little, why the problem seems to so hard to reproduce for the development team, because it is
a. rather old (at least apparent in versions beginning from 4.x)
b. not very isolated (at least three people beside me in this thread facing it, wondering how many more are outside just taking things as is)

Greetings
Winfried

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team February 1, 2011 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Winfried,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

It seems that more than one "Syncfusion.Core" reference entry may exist in your project file and hence the Syncfusion.Core.dll is not copied to output directory as well the Copy local property has to be set “TRUE”.

Could you please try the below steps to resolve the reported issue?

1. Open your visual studio project file in any text editor and ensure that only one 'Syncfusion.Core' entry is in your project file.

2. If more than one 'Syncfusion.Core' exists in your project file (.csproj), please remove those entries and ensure that only one Syncfusion.Core entry is available.

3. Ensure that all Syncfusion referenced assemblies copy local property is set as TRUE.

4. Reload your project in Visual Studio and Rebuild your project.

Now you can find 'Syncfusion.Core.dll' is copied to debug directory of your project.

If you are still facing the issue, please send us the project which will be of more helpful for us to identify the problem and resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kannan.S

RO RossStaley November 1, 2019 10:18 AM UTC

You can try to download library, download syncfusion.core.dll and place syncfusion.core.dll in one of the following folders:
(If you have a 64-bit version of Windows, put the file in: "C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64", if  32-bit, make it "System32"
Afterwards, restart your computer for the change to take effect.
But if you u have again this "syncfusion.core.dll error not found" then you can try to install this file manually. You can do it in menu,  in the search bar, enter "cmd". And run the found program as administrator.
In the window that opens, enter "regsvr32 syncfusion.core.dll".
Then restart the computer again.There shouldbe no error.

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team November 4, 2019 11:41 AM UTC

Hi RossStaley,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon