We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl. The exception was "The type initializer for "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation.Config.Config" threw an exception.".

After applying the Syncfusion 3.3.0.50 Essential Studio patch I cannot drag the EditControl from the toolbox onto my control. I get the error the following error "An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditControl. The exception was "The type initializer for "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Implementation.Config.Config" threw an exception.""

I am referencing dlls in C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.50\PreCompiledAssemblies\3.3.0.50\1.1, Copy Local = True

Please can you advise me how to configure Syncfusion to prevent this error?

Thanks

Jay

5 Replies

JA Jay January 11, 2007 10:54 AM UTC

Setting CopyLocal = False seems to fix this error.

Please can you explain why?

Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 11, 2007 08:45 PM UTC

Hi Jay,

Our apologies for the delayed response. This problem occurs when multiple versions of Syncfusion assemblies are present on a machine. Could you please check if your project references the correct version v3.3.0.50. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

JA Jay January 12, 2007 10:19 AM UTC

Hi

My project references only version 3.301.0.50. I have also checked all versions of Syncfusion dlls and they are all 3.301.0.50.

Regards

Jay

JA Jay January 15, 2007 09:49 AM UTC

Hi

Please can someone reply to this question soon please?

Thanks

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team January 15, 2007 07:38 PM UTC

Hi,

Could you please open a new DirectTrac incident in this regard to get this issue followed?

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon