We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Click on the plus/minus button automatically selects the the GroupCaptionCell. How do I prevent this?

Click on the plus/minus button in a ggc automatically selects the the GroupCaptionCell. How do I prevent this?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2006 06:39 AM UTC

Hi James,

We tried to reproduce this issue in 4.X with .Net 1.1/2.0 + Windows XP sp2, but could not get this issue. Maybe I am not following the steps that you are doing. Attached sample working fine here. Can you post a small sample showing this problem or tell us how to see it in the Attached sample?

Here is a sample.
GGCCaptionPlusMinusCell.zip

Please let me know the version number of Studio you are testing this with and the .Net version.

Thanks for your patience.
Regards,
Haneef

JB James Blibo December 12, 2006 02:23 PM UTC

In the example that you sent, the CaptionSectionCell is not clickable, so I think that's why you're not seeing the issue.
In my project, the GroupCaptionCell is of CellType = "Static" and the cell is clickable.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 13, 2006 10:54 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for the explanation. We could able to reproduce the issue with the property settings. You could workaround the behavior by sending the Tab keys on Group expanded and collapsed, so that the plus/minus gets the focus.

Please refer to the following sample which for more details.
GGCCaptionPlusMinusCell.zip

Kindly try it and let us know if you need any further assistance.
Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Madhan

JB James Blibo December 13, 2006 04:22 PM UTC

Sorry! this did not work.

Firstly, implementing this code had the effect of causing the group to not close when I click the plus/minus. Clicking the plus/minus arrow with this code did not close or expand the group. It was closing and expanding inititally.

Secondly, it causes the active cell to just change from the GroupCaptionCell (which I wanted to prevent in the first place), to another cell two columns down!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2006 10:48 AM UTC

Hi James,

Please try setting the Enabled property of the GroupCaptionCell to false. So the focus never moves to the caption cell.

The following is the sample which demonstrates the intended behavior using your code snippet.
GGC_modified.zip

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Madhan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon