We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to prevent a caption row in a ggc from expanding the group when a cell in that row receives focus

i have a ggc with one level of grouping; when i use the arror key and navigate to the caption row, the group expands if it is collapse.

How can i prevent this and only allow user to expand the group by click the plus/minus button.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 7, 2006 05:33 AM UTC

Hi James,

You can handle TableControlCellButtonClicked event to set the IsClickExpand flag( sClickExpand = true;) and check this falg to expand the group in the GroupExpanding event of the grid. Here is a code snippet to show this.

bool IsClickExpand = false;
private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellButtonClicked(object sender, GridTableControlCellButtonClickedEventArgs e)
{
GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.Model[e.Inner.RowIndex,e.Inner.ColIndex] as GridTableCellStyleInfo;
if( style.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.GroupCaptionPlusMinusCell)
IsClickExpand = true;
}

private void gridGroupingControl1_GroupExpanding(object sender, GroupEventArgs e)
{
if(IsClickExpand)
IsClickExpand = false;
else
e.Cancel = true;
}

Best Regards,
Haneef

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile