We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom int style property - An unhandled exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll

Firstly my specs: mc++ developed in VS 2005 version 8 .NET 2.0.5072 Win Xp SP 2 Essential Grid 4.1.0.62 Secondly my problem: I am trying to add a custom style property to cells in my grid. I have extended the GridStyleInfoCustomProperties object as in the examples. I want to add an int property called Master. I have attached the files which extend the property object. Initially (the default) the Master os set to 0 and this works fine. If I subsequently set the Master property externally to a vaule other than 0 then this appears to work fine (i''ve not checked them all ;-) ). However, if I try to set the Master property to 0 then an ArgumentOutOfRangeException error is thrown by the Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll. The exact text is: ------------------------------------------ An unhandled exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll Additional information: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. ------------------------------------------- Is this related to the fact that 0 is being treated as a null pointer somewhere or is this a known bug or ?????? Any help or hints gratefully welcomed, Colin

example11.zip

2 Replies

CB Colin Bolton July 14, 2006 12:56 PM UTC

An update. It seems that I was misled when thinking that using a value other than 0 would work and that this appears to have been a freak case which I can not repeat. This leads me to suspect that I have not implemented the property correctly, although I think it is all as it should be. Can anyone stop the mistake?? Colin

CB Colin Bolton July 14, 2006 03:24 PM UTC

Ah, user error I think! Having swapped the row and col numbers round i was trying to set a style property which did not exist, in which case the error makes more sense! This is what you get for being tired and working on a friday afternoon.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon