We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Typing text into ComboBoxAdv causes autocomplete to display next value even if entered text is an existing entry

Hello, I have a ComboBoxAdv with default properties and 3 items added to it - "AB", "ABC", and "ABD". I read back the value of the selected item in the SelectedIndexChanged event. When the user types in "a", the text in the combobox correctly shows "AB". If the user types in "ab", the text changes to "ABC". However, if the user holds down the Shift-Key (or turns on CapsLock), entering "AB" sets the selected item to "AB" appropriately. This is the behaviour I require regardless of the case the user enters values in. I figured setting the "CharacterCasing" property to "Upper" would fix this (since the comboboxadv would interpret any input as upper case), but this didn''t work. Is there a way to get this to work? Thanks, Ramya

3 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 15, 2005 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Ramya, Could you please let me know the Essential Studio version you are using? Thanks, Anu.

RM Ramya Modukuri November 18, 2005 03:39 PM UTC

Anupama, Sorry for the delay in replying. I''m using version 2.1.0.9. Rgds, Ramya

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 22, 2005 05:10 AM UTC

Hi Ramya, My sincere apologies for the delayed response. I am able to reproduce this problem in version 2.1.0.9. A new property, MatchFirstCharacterOnly, has been added to our ComboBoxAdv control and setting this property to false resolves your problem. If you are interested in upgrading your software, please create a Direct Trac incident to obtain a link to our latest internal build that can be used for testing purposes. You can upgrade to our upcoming release 4.0, which is due by the end of this month. Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, Anu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon