We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Using RecordFilters but still showing group summaries for excluded Records

I''m using v3 of the grouping grid with custom summary objects and a number of record filters (using IgnoreRecordFilterCriteria to include a total summary vaue for all records - even those that don''t meet the filter criteria) I''m not sure how feasible this is, but my users have asked for the following feature :-{ When grouping AND filtering is applied I want to be able to see the group summary even that groups records are exluded by the filter - but not actually see all of the excluded records Eg: Books 120 Book 1 100 Book 2 20 DVDs 50 VHS 45 Science 40 Music 5 In the above, a filter exludes "DVD" records from being shown but the summary (DVDs 50) is still shown. I was thinking of adding effectively a DataRow for each group category with a value of 0 and then use TableControlPrepareViewStyleInfo event to try to hide this dummy row. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated Jason

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 2, 2005 05:34 PM UTC

Hi Jason, it''s not really supported out of the box but it would be something we could add support for, kind of like a IgnoreRecordFilterCriteria for the grouped columns so that Groups always show up even if there are no records. If you have the source code you could try and modify the following method: Group.InitVisibleCounters. It''s private and therefore deriving the class and overriding it is not possible. In Group.InitVisibleCounters look for the line if (this is ChildTable || GetFilteredRecordCount() > 0) . If that would return true for groups with no records then the groups should show up. Stefan

JH Jason Hales February 3, 2005 08:29 AM UTC

Hi Stefan, Thanks for your response. I don''t really want to go down the route of editing your sourcecode. Do you think this feature could make its way into one of your releases? Thanks again Jason >Hi Jason, > >it''s not really supported out of the box but it would be something we could add support for, kind of like a IgnoreRecordFilterCriteria for the grouped columns so that Groups always show up even if there are no records. > >If you have the source code you could try and modify the following method: Group.InitVisibleCounters. It''s private and therefore deriving the class and overriding it is not possible. > >In Group.InitVisibleCounters look for the line > if (this is ChildTable || GetFilteredRecordCount() > 0) >. If that would return true for groups with no records then the groups should show up. > >Stefan > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2005 11:14 AM UTC

Yes. We''ll add that. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2005 10:37 PM UTC

Quick update: In upcoming release we will have a virtual Group.IsGroupVisible method and a GroupOptions.ShowEmptyGroups property. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon