We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Drag and drop with grids based on different types

Hi,

I have two grids defined by two different generic types: TOrder and TItem.

I have enabled drag and drop between them and everything goes fine.

But I see an error in browser console everytime i drop a row from one grid to other (cast invalid, which seems "ok" to me because grid try to cast TOrder to TItem and viceversa).

As I understood reading varius forum topics, SfGrid handles the row insertion itselfs. Then, I tried setting "Cancel" property of event arguments to true in order to not let it add the row, but seems not to work.

I do not need the drop event to insert the row, but to enable a custom filter handled outside the grid.

Here it is the grids definitions and events (i'll provide only one because other is specular):

image_8.png

image_10.png

This is the error I got in console:

image_12.png

How can I avoid the default grid behaviour?

Thanks

7 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team November 21, 2022 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Marco,

Greetings from Syncfusion support

We suspect that you are trying to prevent the RowDragandDrop in the RowDropped event of Grid by setting args.Cancel as true. If so we would like to inform that we have confirmed this as an issue and logged the defect report “ Not able to cancel the drop operation when performing drag and drop between two grids” for the same. Thank you for taking time to report this issue and helping us to improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fix all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle) and this fix will be included in our upcoming patch release which is expected to be rolled out on or before 7th  December , 2022.

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.      

Feedback: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38456/not-able-to-cancel-the-drop-operation-when-performing-drag-and-drop-between-two

Disclaimer: “Inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors including but not limited to QA checks and works reprioritization”

Until then we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Monisha

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team December 7, 2022 02:24 PM UTC

Hi Marco,

We are facing difficulties in including the fix for the issue “Not able to cancel the drop operation when performing drag and drop between two grid” in our latest release. We have planned to implement this in our upcoming patch release which is going to be held on December 14th , 2022.

We will update you once the release is rolled out. Until then we appreciate your patience.

Disclaimer : Inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors including but not limited to QA checks and works reprioritization.

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team December 14, 2022 07:43 AM UTC

Hi Marco,

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, we could not able to include the fix for the issue in our latest release. We have planned to implement this in our upcoming volume 4 release 2022.

Disclaimer : Inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors including but not limited to QA checks and works reprioritization.

We will update you once the release is rolled out. Until then we appreciate your patience.

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team December 27, 2022 09:32 AM UTC

Hi Marco,

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2022 Volume 4 Release v20.4.0.38 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link and we have included fix for the issue “Not able to cancel the drop operation when performing drag and drop between two grids” in our volume 4 release (20.4.0.38).

We would like to inform that, we included the new event RowDropping. By using this event we can able to use cancel operation When performing drag and drop between two grids. Please refer the below documentation link for more information

Documentation - https://blazor.syncfusion.com/documentation/datagrid/events#rowdropping

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/179561/essential-studio-2022-volume-4-main-release-v20-4-0-38-is-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,

Monisha

Marked as answer

MD Marco Dal Zovo replied to Monisha Saravanan January 10, 2023 04:34 PM UTC

Tried now 20.4.0.38 build... one word: 

WORST

I tried mapping the new handler RowDropping but it seems not to work and also not even raised during the drag and drop operation! (breakpoint not reached in debug)

I also noticed that now the row get deleted from source-grid and the same error (as before nuget update) appears in the console.

row_dropping.png

Please remember I am using two grids with different data types and I DO NOT WANT to complete the drop operation.

I have waited two months for what? An unresolved problem? Now again two months for a fix of the fix?

I hope you fix this error fixed as soon as possible... I need this functionality to work fine without random errors on client side.

Thanks,

Marco

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team February 8, 2023 07:53 AM UTC

Hi Marco,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and we apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

We could able to reproduce the reported issue when dragging between Grids with two models. We have logged it as an issue  “Improve support to DragAndDrop between different model Grids” for the same. Thank you for taking time to report this issue and helping us to improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fix all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle) and this fix will be included in any of our upcoming patch release.

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.   

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/40936/improve-support-to-draganddrop-between-different-model

Disclaimer: “Inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors including but not limited to QA checks and works reprioritization”

We will get back to you once the release is rolled out. Until then we appreciate your patience.

MS Monisha Saravanan Syncfusion Team February 21, 2023 05:31 AM UTC

Hi Marco,

We are glad to announce that, we have included the fix for the issue “Improve support to DragAndDrop between different model Grids” in our release (20.4.0.50).  So please upgrade to our latest version of Syncfusion NuGet package to resolve the reported issue. Please find the Nuget package for latest fixes and features from below.

Nuget : https://www.nuget.org/packages/Syncfusion.Blazor.Grid

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon