We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

[UWP] Not resizing on editor TextChanges if text setted by code

Good morning,

i found a bug, if i write the text in the editor inside a SfTextInputLayout with AutoSize="TextChanges" all works fine, but if i set the text using the code after the InitializeComponent() of the main page and then i change the text the autoresize doesn't work correctly, seems to keep the starting size.

My code:

<sfTextInputLayout:SfTextInputLayout x:Name="sfTextInputLayout_Settings_LicenseData" ContainerType="Outlined" OutlineCornerRadius="8" ReserveSpaceForAssistiveLabels="False" FocusedColor="#007bff" ErrorColor="#dc3545" Hint="LicenseData" LeadingViewPosition="Inside">
<sfTextInputLayout:SfTextInputLayout.LeadingView>
<ImageButton x:Name="imageButton_Settings_PasteLicenseDataFromClipboard" HeightRequest="20" Aspect="AspectFit" Source="glyphicons_30_clipboard.png" Clicked="ImageButton_Settings_PasteLicenseDataFromClipboard_Clicked"/>
</sfTextInputLayout:SfTextInputLayout.LeadingView>
<Editor x:Name="editor_LicenseData" AutoSize="TextChanges"/>
</sfTextInputLayout:SfTextInputLayout>

Text setted after InitializeComponent() with:

this.editor_LicenseData.Text = this.configurationDBData.LicenseData;

Attached you can find a video.

Thanks in advance

Attachment: 20191029_092642_7915f704.7z

7 Replies

MN Marco Negroni October 29, 2019 08:33 AM UTC

I tried also with AutoSize="Disabled" but i have the same bug, instead of not resizing in this case, force resize at the startup using the text startup space.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 30, 2019 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Marco, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We can reproduce the reported problem. As we are validating it, will update the status in two business days on 4th November 2019. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team November 4, 2019 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Marco, 

The reported issue is reproduced only when setting the multi-line text to the Editor with ContainerType as Outlined. We will move this fix in our upcoming weekly NuGet which is scheduled to be rolled out on November 12th, 2019.  

Please let us know if you need patch before that. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team November 12, 2019 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Marco, 

We are glad to announce that our weekly NuGet was rolled out today and fix for the reported issue was included in the weekly NuGet. 

NuGet Version: 17.3.0.27

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

AL Alex replied to Rachel A November 25, 2019 04:04 PM UTC

Hi Marco, 

We are glad to announce that our weekly NuGet was rolled out today and fix for the reported issue was included in the weekly NuGet. 

NuGet Version: 17.3.0.27

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

This is the same problem I was describing in https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/149298/sftextinputlayout-not-properly-auto-sizing-with-editor-in-ios

You say it was fixed in the previous weekly release but it still exists on the current weekly release 17.3.0.28
Was it only fixed in UWP in this case?

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team November 26, 2019 08:50 AM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Yes, we have fixed the issue in UWP platform and as mentioned in the forum the fix for Android and iOS platform will be available on 29th November 2019. 

Appreciate your patience until then. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team December 2, 2019 12:44 PM UTC

We have fixed the reported issue in iOS and Android platform. Please find the patch details. 

Please find the patch setup from the below location.     

(OR)   

Please find the patch assemblies from the below location.      

(OR)   

Please find the NuGet from the below location.   

Assembly Version: 17.3.0.26 

Disclaimer:     
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.3.0.26 specifically to resolve the issue in this incident. If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received. 

Could you please crosscheck at your end by clearing the NuGet cache as mentioned in this link and refer the provided NuGet and confirm us whether you can resolve this issue. We will include this fix in our Volume 4 beta release which is scheduled to be rolled out by the first week of December. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon