We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ActionComplete for gantt chart in GanttViewType.ResourceView returns undefined for args.data.taskId

Hi

I want to be able to update the assigned resource of a task by dragging it from one resource to another.
Then by capturing the "ActionComplete" event and checking for (args.requestType == "recordUpdate")
By doing this I can access the task id property by doing args.data.taskId, which is what I need to fulfil my requirement.

This works, unless the same task is assigned to multiple employees. 
If a task is assigned to multiple employees, only the first instance of the task will return the taskId, whereas any other instances of the same task
will return undefined when attempting to access the args.data.taskId property.

As you can see from the image in the attached file, the same task is assigned to the first and the third resource.
If I attempt to drag the first task to the second row it will provide me with the taskId and I can perform my update logic correctly.
However if I drag the task from the third resource to the second row the args.data.taskId property will be undefined.

As a side not to this, is it also possible to have it so all instances of the same task assigned to multiple employees displays the full task name.
Currently only the first instance of the task will have the task name displays, as you can see from the attached image as well.

Thanks a lot for any help

Attachment: Image_77b250ae.zip

3 Replies

SD Saranya Dhayalan Syncfusion Team October 24, 2019 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Martin, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support 

We are not able to reproduce the reported error. We have prepared a sample as you mentioned. Please find the sample and video sample from below link. 

In the above sample, we assigned the multiple resources to a task. Anne Dodsworth and Nancy Davolio are the resources assigned to Plan Timeline. We dragged the task from first row to second and from third to second. We can get the taskId value in the actioncomplete event. 

Please provide the below details: 

1. Please share us the source version used in your application (or else)
  2. Please modify our sample to reproduce the error.

Could you please check and get back to us with the above requested details based on that we will check and update you the better solution quickly? 

Regards, 
Saranya D 

MM Martin McSharry October 29, 2019 03:56 PM UTC

Hi Saranya

By using your sample I've been able to solve my issue.

Thanks for your help

SD Saranya Dhayalan Syncfusion Team October 30, 2019 04:41 AM UTC

Hi Martin, 

We are happy to hear that your reported issue has been resolved. Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance on Syncfusion components. 

Regards, 
Saranya D 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon